PDA

View Full Version : Chute lake lodge to kelowna & back to Penticton

C.W.
04-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Well it started out as a good day, took the road to the lodge, went across the kvr and saw a few other fibc'ers along the way. About half way down Gillard i took a trail off to the left that went quite a ways back and looked like it would head back up to the kvr along the powerlines. I eventually followed the powerlines down to Gillard RD after running into a few dead ends. Then i get to the bottom and run into a locked gate that says keep out, Thats fine except im locked in and not sure if my truck will go back up the way i came in. So after some exploring through the rock pit/ construction site i found a soft dirt trail and got out. [36]
go fuck yourself Thats all i have to say to the company that locks that gate.
Went in to kelowna, had some chinese food and decided to head back on the kvr. Figured just stick to the easy part, i made it once can do it again right? Well the one water hole got deeper since i went through and sucked me into the ruts. There i sit high centered. :mad: Then Highwaystar came up to rescue us, got out pretty easily but when he went to go around the hole i was in he found another one the hard way. Trying to get him out his truck ended up in the side of the rock and didnt come out clean [16] Eventually after we all managed to end up in the knee high water we got him out but now need some yota sheet metal.
Sorry for the long story, heres some pics that i was able to get on my computer so far.

Chody
04-06-2008, 09:03 AM
shitty deal... glad oyu guys got out ok, woulda sucked to hve 2 stuck trucks

boyzen
04-06-2008, 09:19 AM
fuck ,you need to go with people and stop getting rescued dude

Mud Slinging Dumb Fawker
04-06-2008, 10:17 AM
looks sweet you should go to PA and comealong and a strap or a hylift jack to get your self out man[36] [36] [36] [36] [36]

C.W.
04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
looks sweet you should go to PA and comealong and a strap or a hylift jack to get your self out man[36] [36] [36] [36] [36]
Had the strap but ya i am going to replace my hi lift and look into a winch. John had a come along and it didnt do any good.
How often does anyone get stuck on the kvr? Usually its pretty simple to travel.

C.W.
04-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I was trying to get people all week. No one was responding so i thought i would stick to easy trails. I dont like wheeling alone but it beats sittin at home on a nice saturday or sunday afternoon.

KINGCRUISER
04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Screw the winch and highjack. Time to get a real truck that doesn't get stuck as much.....FJ45[f] $20gees.

C.W.
04-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Screw the winch and highjack. Time to get a real truck that doesn't get stuck as much.....FJ45[f] $20gees.
I agree there. [36] Im starting over with this ford but really need bigger tires and a lift. The 235's aren't cutting it. An extra inch or two woulda saved me yesterday.

Taxidermy
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Me surprised that it is melting up there - some deep water.

I not like gates - want to drive every wheres on the mountains in the Chute Lake area.

I think there is a ski hill somewheres up there, too.

A teacher in my school not like me driving my Yamaha 100 cc up there 3 years ago. He say that no motorcross or off-roading but area for the spandex bicycle people only. He tell me that he phone the police if he see me. I in school so can't tell him what I think.

Nice pictures of your drive.

TWOZEROFOUR
04-06-2008, 12:16 PM
thanks for the shots, that hole was pretty deep, if you look at the one where yer stuck you can see my tire tracks straddeling it

jonny6door
04-06-2008, 12:20 PM

it seems like you try shit out of your capabilities and in unknown territory. i mean you have had 3 trucks that i can recall, a shitty nissan, a 4 runner that didnt run and a really shitty ford. all with no mods and bald ass stock tires. i think you should get a more capable rig with a winch and then maybe try venturing off the paved roads that those stock "4x4's" are made for. im not trying to bitch at you, but sooner or later you will get stuck with no one to come get you.
________
Health Shop (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

KINGCRUISER
04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
it seems like you try shit out of your capabilities and in unknown territory. i mean you have had 3 trucks that i can recall, a shitty nissan, a 4 runner that didnt run and a really shitty ford. all with no mods and bald ass stock tires. i think you should get a more capable rig with a winch and then maybe try venturing off the paved roads that those stock "4x4's" are made for. im not trying to bitch at you, but sooner or later you will get stuck with no one to come get you.

Is there a 3 strikes and your out rule when 4bying alone. If there is you've used at least 2, just dont do it again.

C.W.
04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
The only reason i got rid of my nissan was because my kids didnt all fit, The 4runner did need work and thats why i didnt take it offroad but the guy on this site that bought it seems happy with it.
As for my ford the tires are brand new traction kings, just too small and as i said i went through that hole the other direction with out a problem it just got deeper as the day went on.
If i could afford a truck like yours that my kids fit in as well i would have one but when people seem to think anything that says 4x4 on it is worth gold i have to start somewhere.
You guys with the bigger "more capable" rigs still get stuck and break and i know it happens to some of you when your alone. Im not saying its smart to go out alone but as i said i have been up there alot as well as earlier yesterday and have had no problems there till now. The time in the nissan i definately got myself in a bad spot and have learned to stay out of those places when im alone.
Im not trying to sound like a dick but i feel bad enough about the damage to johns truck. I know alot of you have been in this situation and more than once.

boyzen
04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I was trying to get people all week. No one was responding so i thought i would stick to easy trails. I dont like wheeling alone but it beats sittin at home on a nice saturday or sunday afternoon.

LOl thats so funny when I wanna go wheeling I have to pm people so not to many come .help need friends .lol:happy0045:

wonderland
04-06-2008, 03:29 PM
LOl thats so funny when I wanna go wheeling I have to pm people so not to many come .help need friends .lol:happy0045:oh Chris lmao

kootenaycat
04-06-2008, 09:59 PM
A teacher in my school not like me driving my Yamaha 100 cc up there 3 years ago. He say that no motorcross or off-roading but area for the spandex bicycle people only. He tell me that he phone the police if he see me. I in school so can't tell him what I think.

Nice pictures of your drive.

Taxi, sounds like your teacher needs some educating himself. As far as I know only part of the KVR that is closed to motorized vehicles is the Myra Canyon. Trails BC tried that shit with the C&W Railbed between Castlegar and Christina lake. They put up their own no-motorized signs. If you look in the hunting regs, it has every road/trail closure for BC. Not just the hunting closures, every motorized closure. Check it out. He sounds like the typical hippie/enviro-freak who thinks that anything off the paved path should be exclusive for bikers/hikers. It's a damn good thing I don't live near Kelowna, as I'd have to tell him off myself. :D You should wait 'til your done school, then tell him what you really think.

C.W.
04-06-2008, 11:23 PM
LOl thats so funny when I wanna go wheeling I have to pm people so not to many come .help need friends .lol:happy0045:
Being new to the province doesn't help and most of the guys i do know are either down with broken shit or never take their trucks out either cuz they are afraid the cops will V.I them or they cant afford fuel, which makes me wonder why they have the trucks to begin with. :confused: I have met some good people here some even off this site but have also met others not so good, some of them off this site. Not bringing up any names as everyone myself included has their issues.
It seems no one answers my thread because im in Penticton and they figure i wont drive to meet them in kelowna, but i would make the drive to save situations like this. My truck is insured and legal, im not worried to take it on the road cuz i dont want the V.I. So if people want to go exploring the trails im up for it pretty much any time. Not so much into just going to one place and getting stuck in the mud though, just personal preference.

nightcrawler
04-07-2008, 10:11 AM
wow i dont think any of us even needed 4x for that "hole":dontknow: must be a jeep thing hahah:D

ManDown
04-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Taxi, sounds like your teacher needs some educating himself. As far as I know only part of the KVR that is closed to motorized vehicles is the Myra Canyon. Trails BC tried that shit with the C&W Railbed between Castlegar and Christina lake. They put up their own no-motorized signs. If you look in the hunting regs, it has every road/trail closure for BC. Not just the hunting closures, every motorized closure. Check it out. He sounds like the typical hippie/enviro-freak who thinks that anything off the paved path should be exclusive for bikers/hikers. It's a damn good thing I don't live near Kelowna, as I'd have to tell him off myself. :D You should wait 'til your done school, then tell him what you really think.

lol dude down here they have posted speed limit signs everywhere on the kvr but people still get really mad when ya drive along it.