PDA

View Full Version : Spare tire - on Roll Bar

Taxidermy
04-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I want to put my spare tire on the roll bar.

Not sure which is the best way to attach metal to the roll bar.

Weld or large bolts??

Do you have any pictures - that helps me understand.

Taxidermy
04-05-2008, 09:34 AM
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

nightcrawler
04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
i would weld it for shure just make sure your welds are nice and hot

Newfie
04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
You could do it like this,
http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/rn/tire/6280_demo_2.jpg

Or you could do it like this but welded on,
http://www.championtrailers.com/SPARE%20TIRE%20CARRIER%20HI%20MOUNT.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics, its just Google search.

Taxidermy
04-06-2008, 08:31 PM
You could do it like this,
http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/rn/tire/6280_demo_2.jpg

Or you could do it like this but welded on,
http://www.championtrailers.com/SPARE%20TIRE%20CARRIER%20HI%20MOUNT.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics, its just Google search.

Thanks!!!

TWOZEROFOUR
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
i like this design,, get dave a Alsek to help ya out,, he builds nice stuff [cheers]

Bent Black
04-07-2008, 01:57 AM
blind spot! I never carey a spare! on board air and tire plugs is all u need! those york air compressors kick ass. impact, die grinder for the blender drinks ect. not to say caring a spare is a bad idea. its hard enough trying to cram all your shit in a short box toyota pu with out a 44 in the back![36]

jonny6door
04-07-2008, 08:11 AM
i would weld it for shure just make sure your welds are nice and hot

i like how people substitute heat for correct technique. :confused0006: you obviously are completely ignorant about welding. if you suck a dick at welding, which you probably do, turning the heat up isnt gonna make the weld any better. setting the machine up right for mateial thickness, using the right joint design and prep, and using the correct technique will make the weld better. i bet vertical down is your favorite mig position too.:D

Toyquad
04-07-2008, 08:20 AM
spare tire mounted like that may look cool on a baja truck. but is not very functional in a daily driver/ 4x4 in the stuff we wheel in BC.

1) no rear visiablity. Next time you drive the truck, try driving it without using the rear view mirror
2) raises your center of gravity
3)depending on the quality of roll bar/ light bar you have, it may not be able to take the abuse its going to incure with the tire mounted to it.

Thats just my opinion. If you decide to do it, hope it works out for ya.

nightcrawler
04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
i like how people substitute heat for correct technique. :confused0006: you obviously are completely ignorant about welding. if you suck a dick at welding, which you probably do, turning the heat up isnt gonna make the weld any better. setting the machine up right for mateial thickness, using the right joint design and prep, and using the correct technique will make the weld better. i bet vertical down is your favorite mig position too.:D

think what u want go fuck yourself just see alot of guys with big booger welds pretty common from what ive seen in my 2years of weldin asshole2 keep your assumpsions in yer shit can:happy0045:

TWOZEROFOUR
04-07-2008, 08:57 PM

i hear what your sayin, I have seen your work and it looks good,, Nightcrawler is a pretty fuckin good welder as well man. in fact i have posted pic's up here of shit he has built and every one gives it props,, infact he as done quite a few over head position welds on my shit that have held up grate... he also welds on 20,000 pound hydraulic rams mounts daily. :dontknow:

Thats it

Weld OFF [36] [36] [36]

but judging by that comment i see where yer commin from.

jonny6door
04-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Nightcrawler is a pretty fuckin good welder as well man.

if you can vouch for him then fucken eh. i have just heard too many noobs that have no idea what they are talking about say that...
________
PENNY STOCKS TO BUY (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

TWOZEROFOUR
04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
if you can vouch for him then fucken eh. i have just heard too many noobs that have no idea what they are talking about say that...

yep, for sure dude[cheers] he dose own a JEEP :D

UU
04-08-2008, 08:14 PM
spare tire mounted like that may look cool on a baja truck. but is not very functional in a daily driver/ 4x4 in the stuff we wheel in BC.

1) no rear visiablity. Next time you drive the truck, try driving it without using the rear view mirror
2) raises your center of gravity
3)depending on the quality of roll bar/ light bar you have, it may not be able to take the abuse its going to incure with the tire mounted to it.

Thats just my opinion. If you decide to do it, hope it works out for ya.

[iagree] but :gives:

nightcrawler
04-09-2008, 10:15 AM
yep, for sure dude[cheers] he dose own a JEEP :D

oh ya hardyharhar [redneck]