PDA

View Full Version : 87 22r issues

ktowner351
03-25-2008, 11:18 PM
well i got my pickup all back on the road but as u can see it hassent been too long since its off again.. i was out wheeling and i blew my rad, had to leave the truck over night, when i got back in the morning i had come back to it with busted lamps... i fixed up the rad and proceeded to wheel...

now comes the problem she just dies out of the blue, it will barly start the odd time but will not run longer than 2 seconds and then dies as soon as you hit the gas... i dragged it home, pulled everything apart to find that they had also loaded my gas tank with dirt...

since than ive pulled out my tank, cleaned it out and replaced the fuel, put in a new suction pipe in the tank, swapped the filter, changed to a used pump and another carb off an older gen yota (same carb just one vac hose isnt there...)

after all of this, still it wont run.. if i put in some gas with a jerry can it starts up and will run till that fuel is gone... i pulled off the fuel hose from the pump and im getting plenty of fuel from there....

so now im stumped..?:dontknow: :(

dirka dave
03-25-2008, 11:30 PM
I believe there is a rollover solenoid on the side of the carb. sometimes they get stuck closed.

ktowner351
04-01-2008, 07:59 PM
anyclew wut it looks like...

shawn_ruley
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
just rebuild the carb. good place to start at

Nutbar
04-02-2008, 06:22 PM
The float needle might be stuck take a screw driver (or something with a hard plastic surface) and give the carb a few sharp taps near where the main fuel line enters the carb.

lizard
04-02-2008, 07:38 PM
after all of this, still it wont run.. if i put in some gas with a jerry can it starts up and will run till that fuel is gone... i pulled off the fuel hose from the pump and im getting plenty of fuel from there....

if it runs fine with that then back track from there , the carbs fine so then its the carb filter ,pump ,pump lines plugged?

the old chevs had a bronze filter in the carb ,

ktowner351
04-06-2008, 03:44 PM
i think im just gonna say fuckin screw it... its time for the sas and my 351 swap