PDA

View Full Version : Putting a snorkel on a carbed motor

Jeep Victim
03-23-2008, 12:06 PM
If anyone knows of a kit that I can use on my Jeep YJ,or access to a good site I would appreciate it.For a carbed engine

Toyquad
03-23-2008, 03:50 PM
snorkels are for queers and pavement princesses

what class do you fit into?

jonny6door
03-23-2008, 04:30 PM

so are square drive shafts douchbag.asshole2
________
(AUTOMOBILE) (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Rambler_(automobile))

jonny6door
03-23-2008, 04:30 PM

so are square drive shafts douchbag.asshole2
________
Vapir Oxygen Vaporizer (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)

Always broke
03-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Trying to make you point really well????

Jeep Victim
03-23-2008, 05:49 PM

Another Jerk Off post by a Jerk Off>Gutless shit head keyboard tough guy.If you didn't have any info shut your yap.Put a new motor in my Jeep and don't want water in this one too!I wheel my Jeep,not pose it on shit at Stavego fuck yourself

bcwheeler
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
yeah you tell him !!! fukin internet tough guys .. FAG!!! lololol

toyon35s
03-23-2008, 10:55 PM
what i used for my snorkle was shop vac hose and pvc pipe,works good just dont look so pretty[cheers]

Toyquad
03-23-2008, 11:08 PM
eat my ass bitch. if you seen my truck, you'd know theres no denying i wheel the piss out of it.

heres a list of parts in my truck:
dual t case with 4.7's, lockers longs, hy steer 35in krawlers etc etc etc

heres a list of parts on your barbie jeep:
snorkel, chrome running boards, furry dice , cb and 20 " offroad lights"

think i dont wheel my truck? lets play follow the leader...... try and keep up!

jonny6door
03-24-2008, 08:30 AM
eat my ass bitch.

ok :D id like to see you try and follow me when im at 3 psi.
________
Gm-Avtovaz History (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/GM-AvtoVAZ)

KINGCRUISER
03-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Ya internet tough guy/tough truck comp[36] You guys are all douche bagsgo fuck yourself I want in too, but I aint gonna follow johnny across the pond.

kinda nasty
03-24-2008, 02:01 PM
You girls. lol

Roc
03-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I Juust love this shit

Leithmc
03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Damnit Barry, I told ya the dice were a bad idea!!! Oh, and I assume Quad boy never hydro'd or his head wouldn't be quite so far up his ass on this subject.

Always broke
03-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Johnny... Barry wheels his stuff hard but there are alot of water holes that are very deep on the river and the depth changes throughout the day i don't suppose he wants to kill yet another engine

Just Sayin (tm)

stylus
03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
its funny when someone has to post their *specs* to feel superior.

500grhollowpoint
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Just wrap a dryer hose in Duct tape. Drill a hole in your hood and stick it out the top. Mine looks bad ass. So good I put one on my wifes minivan and one on my huffy 10 speed.

Kinslayer
03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
eat my ass bitch. if you seen my truck, you'd know theres no denying i wheel the piss out of it.

I have a P4 2.8 with a gig of ram - A gigabit network and shaw cable fer interweb - my monitor is a 22inch widescreen, mouse and keyboard are NOT wireless.

You got some telus connection with your free computer from dell

I'd like to see you TRY to webwheel as hard as I do.

Oh and with dual 4.7:1 tcases I think it would be pretty difficult to stay BEHIND you.

redman
03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
oih an my 2 cents are on Barry, FYI he wheels his shit just as hard as the next guy, hes good shit too

El Camino
03-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Fuck I aint had a belly laugh from a web post in a while. Now that was fuckin funny.

Leithmc
03-24-2008, 05:02 PM
oih an my 2 cents are on Barry, FYI he wheels his shit just as hard as the next guy, hes good shit too

I got $20 on Barry, since we're bettin.

jonny6door
03-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh and with dual 4.7:1 tcases I think it would be pretty difficult to stay BEHIND you.

haha true dat.
________
Chevrolet Equinox Specifications (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Equinox)

jonny6door
03-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Johnny... Barry wheels his stuff hard but there are alot of water holes that are very deep on the river and the depth changes throughout the day i don't suppose he wants to kill yet another engine

Just Sayin (tm)

i have nothin against a snorkle, im just baggin on toyquad for having square driveshafts.
________
Ford trimotor (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Trimotor)

Always broke
03-24-2008, 07:24 PM
OOPs Toyquad's name is Johnny .... and square driveshafts are ok if ya got one of those little tiny engines HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Kinslayer
03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
OOPs Toyquad's name is Johnny .... and square driveshafts are ok if ya got one of those little tiny engines HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I think i'd trust a well made square shaft over a popcan splined shaft personally.. I mean, not at road speeds since it would never be balanced but for wheeling..yeah.

stevem
03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
SQUARE SHAFTS ARE FUCKIN AWESOME.
I LOVE MICKEY MOUSING SHIT.

Trooper
03-24-2008, 08:10 PM
SQUARE SHAFTS ARE FUCKIN AWESOME.
I LOVE MICKEY MOUSING SHIT.

You work on hindus big rigs and dump trucks?

ray
03-24-2008, 11:19 PM
a truck can look good and get wheeled just as hard as any other truck its the driver behind it that make it look a certain way

look and the shiny trucks in the states that go moab and offroad park and shit like that

alot of that stuff is super hard shit but their trucks dont look like shit some look like pavement pounders

it all depends on what u want it to look like

personally i dont mine dents or scratchs

but some people do so they take their time doing the same thing

so you both do the same just have diffrent perspectives on how u do it

personally snorkels are overrated u shouldnt be going in water that deep in the first place your just looking for trouble

toyon35s
03-24-2008, 11:24 PM
i know in my case the only reason for the snorkle is just in case,ive already blown 1 motor due to water intake,and plus you never really know how deep the pit is going to be,so the way i see it is snorkle it and the truck lives to wheel another day just my 2cents though[cheers]

UU
03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
here ya go Barry

[15] [15]
seriously tho, why would you want a snorkel ? we have more trees than we do deep water crossing. Yer just gonna bash the fuck outta it.

:dontknow: good pratice for when ya bash the fuck outta Toyquad [f]

BOVINE
03-25-2008, 12:33 AM
here ya go Barry

[15] [15]
seriously tho, why would you want a snorkel ? we have more trees than we do deep water crossing. Yer just gonna bash the fuck outta it.

[stupid]

jonny6door
03-25-2008, 08:25 AM

[36]
________
CROWN MAJESTA (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Crown_Majesta)

Apathy
03-25-2008, 08:46 AM

But seriously..thats funny shit.

If you want a snorkal, put one on it. But I'd address these issues first if your worried about water crossings.

Fan, throwing water everywhere.. shorting out electrical system. Or just plain drownding your electrical system.

Aslo, the big problem is, to properly put a snorkel on a carbed engine, you have to remove your heat riser off of the exaust manifold. This will cause your rig to run like shit when its cold, and you could possibly freeze your carb in cold wheather.

Redneck_woman
03-25-2008, 09:16 AM
just curious....have you met Barry he wheels harder than most and I myself wouldn't wanna piss him off. Just a thought but maybe you should know some one before you make em mad....[cheers]

Leithmc
03-25-2008, 09:22 AM
just curious....have you met Barry he wheels harder than most and I myself wouldn't wanna piss him off. Just a thought but maybe you should know some one before you make em mad....[cheers]

[Shhh] This was about to get interesting.

Leithmc
03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
But seriously..thats funny shit.

If you want a snorkal, put one on it. But I'd address these issues first if your worried about water crossings.

Fan, throwing water everywhere.. shorting out electrical system. Or just plain drownding your electrical system.

Aslo, the big problem is, to properly put a snorkel on a carbed engine, you have to remove your heat riser off of the exaust manifold. This will cause your rig to run like shit when its cold, and you could possibly freeze your carb in cold wheather.

This thing's totally altered. Electric fan with an over ride switch. Heat riser's a thing of the past. Engine is far from stock.

Apathy
03-25-2008, 09:30 AM

Actually yes, I have wheeled with him, and Toyquad... and... they are both a couple of posers..:dontknow:

Apathy
03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
This thing's totally altered. Electric fan with an over ride switch. Heat riser's a thing of the past. Engine is far from stock.

Ok, so the dizzy is sealed all spark plugs are sealed... I say go for it, but i'd fix every thing else first.. a good breather box will run underwater for longer than you think.. but water in the dizzy will stop you dead.

UU
03-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Actually yes, I have wheeled with him, and Toyquad... and... they are both a couple of posers..:dontknow:

[stupid] but I don't know if I'd use the word "wheeled", maybe followed behind in a gay kinda way to see if it doable

Apathy
03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
[stupid] but I don't know if I'd use the word "wheeled", maybe followed behind in a gay kinda way to see if it doable

Oh trev is doable.. just ask him..

Jeep Victim
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Even I'll agree with that.The day I met you and Pathy and England was the first time I had been out with the Jeep and was still working out the Kinks so to speak.I have pushed the jeep and myself much harder since and am pretty happy with how it performs.The reason behind the post was there are alot of deep holes in the mountains in the spring and turning back is not always an option.There is no air box on the Jeep.It has a 4 barrel Holley on it.I appreciate input when productive,and Pathy I would like to get out with you guys again,This is my first wheelable vehicle,and I'm learning as I go.I'm still in the trial and error stage with the Jeep and upgrade as I can afford it.

UU
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Holly fuck dude, that was over a year ago [aahh]

I know you have spent alot of time and money on it in the last year so lets see what ya can do now. We are usually heading out every weekend [cheers]
As for the snorkel, I wouldn't, but if you do, get a complete kit, save the time and hassel of trying to make one.

UU
03-25-2008, 12:57 PM
try this link if you want to build your own.

http://www.bc4x4.com/tech/2005/snorkel/

but like I said, I hit more trees with my windsheild fram than I do deep water crossings.

my 2 cents

El Camino
03-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Have snorkil will travel
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w7/4x4dodge1989/Jeep.jpg

kinda nasty
03-25-2008, 02:52 PM
hey barry why don't you try pvc pipe and fab your own? It might work! Good luck.

Jeep Victim
03-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Because the "it might work" mentality already cost me a motor.

kinda nasty
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
That is true

BrokenToy
03-25-2008, 08:29 PM

Toyquad = Trev
BrokenToy = Johnny

don't be draggin me into no drama:mad0215:

[15][15]

as for snorkels, i haven't built or installed any so my advice ain't gonna help [redneck]

Toyquad
03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
first of all.... i only have square front shaft, becuse my suspension actually flexes unlike a truck lifted only to fit big tires for the mud. Not to mention the 2 front shafts i've totalled on rocks.

second, guess my assumption of him was wrong, i seen his low post count and asking what at the time seemed like a stupid question from another pavement princess owner more concered with the look of his truck then the functionality of the shit he's putting on. If hes got a built truck, lets go wheeling, thats what most of us are here for anyways.

as for the snorkel, guess i've always been lucky that my distributor got went before my intake ever got any water in it. thats the way i like to keep it to. any deeper and im getting wet in the cab.

Always broke
03-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Toyquad = Trev
BrokenToy = Johnny

don't be draggin me into no drama:mad0215:

[15][15]

as for snorkels, i haven't built or installed any so my advice ain't gonna help [redneck]
OOPS sorry got caught up in the drama

Jeep Victim
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
My Jeep is far from a pavement princess.The day I bought it,I took off the blingy mags(chrome) and put black steel wheels on it.In the last year I have rolled it off rock cuts that it was able to climb and took most of the glass out of it,snapped diffs,blown up a transfer case mangled 2 rear driveshafts,6 rear shocks,1 motor that had 126,000 k's on it,1 set of new tires,1 windshield frame,3 mirrors,2 full sets of fender flares.It is now painted flat black because I don't believe in washing a trail rig,tore off the rear bumper and snapped the steering column off literally and had to hot wire it to get it home,because all the wiring in the column got tore out and trashed a new winch.Only once has the jeep been towed home,tranfercase packed it in and wouldn't come out of 4 low after I ripped off the rear driveshaft. I have never left anyone on the trail whether I liked them or not.If my winch can't pull you out,I'll be the first one to bust out my shovel and dig to help get you out.I have done plenty of damage to my own vehicle to make sure someone else didn't have to leave their's behind.Admittedly I'm not as hardcore as alot of the guys or girls on here, or my Jeep isn't as well built as alot of the vehicles on here,but it's no Princess.as far as a low post count I work in remote locations alot and don't always have access to a computer,other times if I have nothing to contribute to a post I don't post at all.

UU
03-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Wanna go wheelin ?

Honky
03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
shit here I was all set to get an internet tough guy wheelin challenge goin' with burger sales and drinks after.

can you guys talk a little more shit so I can set this up?

the last one of these he had was a challenge with U-can up that Can opener

fourplay
03-26-2008, 05:14 AM
My Jeep is far from a pavement princess.The day I bought it,I took off the blingy mags(chrome) and put black steel wheels on it.In the last year I have rolled it off rock cuts that it was able to climb and took most of the glass out of it,snapped diffs,blown up a transfer case mangled 2 rear driveshafts,6 rear shocks,1 motor that had 126,000 k's on it,1 set of new tires,1 windshield frame,3 mirrors,2 full sets of fender flares.It is now painted flat black because I don't believe in washing a trail rig,tore off the rear bumper and snapped the steering column off literally and had to hot wire it to get it home,because all the wiring in the column got tore out and trashed a new winch.Only once has the jeep been towed home,tranfercase packed it in and wouldn't come out of 4 low after I ripped off the rear driveshaft. I have never left anyone on the trail whether I liked them or not.If my winch can't pull you out,I'll be the first one to bust out my shovel and dig to help get you out.I have done plenty of damage to my own vehicle to make sure someone else didn't have to leave their's behind.Admittedly I'm not as hardcore as alot of the guys or girls on here, or my Jeep isn't as well built as alot of the vehicles on here,but it's no Princess.as far as a low post count I work in remote locations alot and don't always have access to a computer,other times if I have nothing to contribute to a post I don't post at all.

ya forgot bout bustin the rear end (kicked over what bout 8"?), and, prison doesn't constitute a "remote" location, lol [f] [f]
I have been with Barry many times off road, he drives it like its meant to be driven. As for pavement princess's, I have 2 of em :party0010: :party0010: [36]

[cheers]

jonny6door
03-26-2008, 09:39 AM
first of all.... i only have square front shaft, becuse my suspension actually flexes unlike a truck lifted only to fit big tires for the mud.

dude, my truck is 4 linked with fox coilovers. it will out flex your toyota with leaf springs anyday. Bring your truck and an RTI ramp to kelowna and then we will talk.
________
Versailles (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Versailles)

jonny6door
03-26-2008, 09:45 AM
...other times if I have nothing to contribute to a post I don't post at all.

anti post whores unite!
________
Willow Run Assembly (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Willow_Run_Assembly)

HEAVY METAL
03-26-2008, 09:50 AM
anti post whores unite!

[15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15] [15]

Honky
03-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Here’s the thing….Post whoring is encouraged. Without you guys contributing this place will fade away. If it’s on your mind post it!!!

Were here to plan the next trip and get together but until then we need filler.

HEAVY METAL
03-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Here’s the thing….Post whoring is encouraged. Without you guys contributing this place will fade away. If it’s on your mind post it!!!

Were here to plan the next trip and get together but until then we need filler.

fuck you honky....go fuck yourself

UU
03-26-2008, 09:57 AM
dude, my truck is 4 linked with fox coilovers. it will out flex your toyota with leaf springs anyday. Bring your truck and an RTI ramp to kelowna and then we will talk.

RTI [15] [15] [15]

fuckin poser [16]

lets hit some knarly trails instead [5]

KINGCRUISER
03-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Fuck you guys and your square driveshafts and snorkels. My truck is broke ass going nowhere and I need to go smoke a joint[16] Then im gonna go work on a 15 foot chrome snorkel to run on may long.:party0010:

Toyquad
03-26-2008, 05:19 PM

you drive here! oh wait your truck wouldnt make it to the toll booth before it had a cop giving you a VI. if you do make it here, fuck the ramp lets go wheel some trails .....

and for the record i lived in kamloops for a while.... drove my truck there and back without any hassle.

Kinslayer
03-26-2008, 05:26 PM

Yeah, but he could build two trucks on leaf springs that flex ALMOST as well for the price of your coilovers!

Just Sayin' <unauthorized usage>

Roc
03-26-2008, 11:13 PM
What was the point of this post again ?????????

Always broke
03-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I dunno i guess they think that Barry is a Pussy ...........

OK where can i hide HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

UU
03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I dunno i guess they think that Barry is a Pussy ...........

:dontknow: well he is

just sayin'

toyon35s
03-27-2008, 05:58 PM
who really cars whos truck is better or who 4x4s harder,isnt the point of FIBC just to get out and have fun in bc[cheers]

fullsizebronco
03-27-2008, 06:28 PM
who really cars whos truck is better or who 4x4s harder,isnt the point of FIBC just to get out and have fun in bc[cheers]

[iagree] and haha i was hoping on seeing some good ways to build one for a carbed motor as well as i don't want postil mud to get in my motor !

Jeep Victim
03-27-2008, 06:45 PM
:dontknow: well he is

just sayin'

go fuck yourself ya chubby bastard

Jeep Victim
03-27-2008, 06:55 PM
What was the point of this post again ?????????
Damn you're a NEW kind of stupid!

BrokenToy
03-28-2008, 06:47 PM
OOPS sorry got caught up in the drama

it's all good todd [cheers] i'll forgive ya this time focker :D

UU
03-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Damn you're a NEW kind of stupid!

[15][15] never heard that one before

Josh_M
03-29-2008, 12:23 AM

Congratulations.

Just because you have a super capable truck doesnt mean you have the right to decide whats good on a truck and what isnt.

Dirtybert
03-29-2008, 08:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/murray609/retarted.jpg

UU
03-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Fixed it :D

Dirtybert
03-29-2008, 10:58 AM
i guess where all winners here[36]

500grhollowpoint
03-29-2008, 11:02 AM
i guess where all whiners here[36]