PDA

View Full Version : Brake upgrade for tracker

REZ
03-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Anyone knows any kinda brake upgrade for front or rear or both.
i try 33" for few days holy. It didnt want to stop

MUD CHILD
03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I run 32's on mine and it stops all right, as far as brake upgrades you can run the 4 door brake set up on yous, it will bolt right on and it has a fined rotor instead of a solid one like the 2 doors. And as for the rear, disk brake conversion, I am going to do mine soon I'll let ya know how it works[cheers]

REZ
03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
the fined rotor help for dissipate heat but they wont help for stopping.
I guess I have to find some good brand rotor or bigger one (probebly then I have to change the caliper and ...)

let me know what you gone do for the rear

MUD CHILD
03-18-2008, 11:46 PM
the fined rotor help for dissipate heat but they wont help for stopping.
I guess I have to find some good brand rotor or bigger one (probebly then I have to change the caliper and ...)

let me know what you gone do for the rear

Heat causes brake fade, brake fade causes poor braking, so a fined rotor that dissipates heat will help braking. I'll take pics when I do my rear disk conversion and send them to you[cheers]

REZ
03-19-2008, 12:42 AM
thanks man.
but what car or truck are you planing to take the caliper and rotor from

sj-x 500
03-19-2008, 01:29 AM
if you take the rear drums from a sport 2 door, or a 4 door you get a larger drum, and shoe too. all bolt on, just unbolt the brake line, the 4 nuts on the backing plate, slide hammer the axle out, and use the the drums and backing plate from the new housing. all done.

same with the front like mudchild said nice and easy all stock parts.

REZ
03-19-2008, 11:40 AM
thanks so i can get the 4 door drum then,
Mud child is doing disk brake... wane see how is that done

REZ
03-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey, that guy with racing seat for sale and his post dissapeard!!!!!!

I planed everything took my seats slider, braket out......
go fuck yourself

MUD CHILD
03-19-2008, 12:43 PM

go fuck yourself

Send him a PM and ask him WTF? A deal is a deal!!!

B
03-19-2008, 01:01 PM

go fuck yourself

i saw ur post saying they were not going to work for u ?

im sure the next in line got them [wako] ...

sj-x 500
03-19-2008, 01:04 PM
oh, and if you got an earlier tracker, you can swap in the master from a truck with abs, it has a 1 inch bore instead of 7/8ths much better stop ability :D

Kinslayer
03-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Interesting question - Here's a potential solution: swift GTI front calipers are the same mounting pattern as honda CRX front calipers..but the CRX calipers have about 30% more surface area on their pads.. I'm pretty sure there are lots of good rice-rocket upgrade for CRX's....

SO if there are any knuckles for trackers/sammy's that are the same mounting holes as a swift GT/GTI..well do the math.

sj-x 500
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
the sammi is a bunch larger then the swift stuff to begin with, and the tracker is again larger.

REZ
03-19-2008, 02:19 PM
i saw ur post saying they were not going to work for u ?

im sure the next in line got them [wako] ...

I never said that..........:mad0217:

REZ
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
oh, and if you got an earlier tracker, you can swap in the master from a truck with abs, it has a 1 inch bore instead of 7/8ths much better stop ability :D

well mine is 94
and swaping abs is not that simple.....

Kinslayer
03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
the sammi is a bunch larger then the swift stuff to begin with, and the tracker is again larger.

Is it for certain? The GT calipers are much bigger than regular swift 1.3 and 1.0 Turbo calipers.. To the point that you cannot run smaller than 14 inch rims..

MUD CHILD
03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Heat causes brake fade, brake fade causes poor braking, so a fined rotor that dissipates heat will help braking. I'll take pics when I do my rear disk conversion and send them to you[cheers]

I forgot to mention that the 4 door has larger calipers and pads, and every thing will bolt right on

sj-x 500
03-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Is it for certain? The GT calipers are much bigger than regular swift 1.3 and 1.0 Turbo calipers.. To the point that you cannot run smaller than 14 inch rims..

a stock sammi you can't run a 14 inch rim... you're starting with a larger base unit, and going up from there...

REZ
03-20-2008, 01:21 PM
so I gone go to junk yard for front caliper, I would do the front for now.
I will wait for back see if I can do disk