PDA

View Full Version : Tranny/TC ?'s

82F150
03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Well I'm planning on puttin the blazer back together, never owned a chevy before and I've got some questions about the tranny... I've got a stock TH350 with a B&M Starshifter...The truck will be strictly off road (trailered) and its on 38.5swampers and a stock 350/350/203 and dana44 10 bolt (hopefully be 1 tons by the time its on the trail)

I'm wondering about what shift kit (if any)I should run? I was looking at a TransGo Reprogramming kit http://www.transgo.com/rpg_generalmtr.php (10th and 12th down).... or just an uprade kit from B&M

Torque converter..just a stock one or is there something that would be better that doesn't cost $800 I was lookin at a rebuild stock one
I've got to replace the TC and flexplate either way

Also while I'm in the Chevy section... I haven't had much luck finding Doubler adapters 203-205.. found a couple but kinda looking for more options? (Any info on this would be awesome)

thanks for any help in advance[cheers]

kootenaycat
03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Well I'm planning on puttin the blazer back together, never owned a chevy before and I've got some questions about the tranny... I've got a stock TH350 with a B&M Starshifter...The truck will be strictly off road (trailered) and its on 38.5swampers and a stock 350/350/203 and dana44 10 bolt (hopefully be 1 tons by the time its on the trail)

I'm wondering about what shift kit (if any)I should run? I was looking at a TransGo Reprogramming kit http://www.transgo.com/rpg_generalmtr.php (10th and 12th down).... or just an uprade kit from B&M

Torque converter..just a stock one or is there something that would be better that doesn't cost $800 I was lookin at a rebuild stock one
I've got to replace the TC and flexplate either way

Also while I'm in the Chevy section... I haven't had much luck finding Doubler adapters 203-205.. found a couple but kinda looking for more options? (Any info on this would be awesome)

thanks for any help in advance[cheers]
With a bone stock motor, I wouldn't waste a bunch of money on a high stall, but if you plan on upgrading the motor in the future and can find a deal on a mild stall, I'd do it since you're pulling it anyways. Any shift upgrade that firms up shifts is a good idea, less slippage between gears reduces wear in clutches/bands.

Seen some doublers on here once in a while, keep your eyes open.