PDA

View Full Version : Update on Lester - Harrison East

sobe
03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Well the other week my uncle phones us up and asks if Lester could use some cedar siding. He had a guy storing a truckload of it at his shop and had told my uncle to burn the remainder of it as he didn't need it. Rather than burn it my uncle thought of Lester. We hauled it up last weekend and dropped it off. Today we figured it would be a good day to go see if he needed a hand putting it up.

When we got there Lester had alresdy done the whole front. Too bad he did it by himself as he said he was really strugling to keep it straight. Main thing is that it's sided now! We'll have him a propper front door in 2 weeks when mine gets replaced.

Dad and Lester went to work siding the back. We didn't think there would be enough when we brought it up but there was way more than we'd expected.

While they worked on the back I worked on splitting all the firewood Lester had gathered.

How many guys does it take to hammer in a nail?? Must be a union jobsite...:party0010:

Lester's all moved in now. Got the bed in the loft and only uses the camper as his kitchen/washroom/storage area.

He decided that the leftover hardwood floor shouldn't go to waste so he did the whole inside front wall with it and half the end behind the stove. Man is does it ever hold the heat now. He was saying he doesn't even need to have a fire to heat it, just somoldering coals is good.

The backside is complete (minus the hallway) It's a little bit straighter than the front:D

I felt bad for splitting all Lesters wood so I took his chainsaw and went an got him some more birch while they finished up. Man was it alot of work. Some of those rounds must be close to 100lbs. But they'll burn real nice for him next winter.[36]

Well that's about it. Not much more for us to do on the cabin other than a few touch ups and a bit of finishing work on the interior. Next is to build him a wood shed of some sort and maby a porch/deck on the front? All in good time....

RIFF RAFF
03-08-2008, 07:13 PM
i bet ya he has one hell of a journal kicking around somewhere...

scrappy
03-08-2008, 07:52 PM
looks great it's coming together nicely[cheers]:D

4Lo
03-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Wade you and your dad rock man. That place is looking pimpin. I like the inside it looks actually quite roomy. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I take a little pride in having a hand in building Lester's place....as many others do as well.[cheers] [cheers] Kickass man.

sobe
03-08-2008, 09:50 PM
If there is anything I can do please let me know.

Yeah, you can go split that pile of wood:happy0045:

haha no really, I think we're good for a bit. I know Lester would like a covered porch thet he can screen in on the front to shade the windows from the summer sun and give him someplace cool and bug free to sit. We figure it wouldn't take much more material than what we've got up there but... all in good time. If we do it all now he won't have anything to look forward to!

Zibi
03-08-2008, 10:19 PM
don't want to be the ignorant one, but who is Lester?

Place looks great, saw some pictures from before christmas and looks like its really coming along.

sobe
03-08-2008, 10:30 PM
don't want to be the ignorant one.

Too late [f] :D

Just click on my name and check out the threads I've started. You should find your answer and the whole story in there.[cheers]

yummysweet350
03-08-2008, 10:46 PM
that looks pretty cozy

spanky
03-08-2008, 10:59 PM
looks awesome

Roc
03-08-2008, 11:02 PM
nice work on the house

B
03-08-2008, 11:41 PM
fuck yes couldn't happen to a nicer guy .. [5][5]

good on all the peep's who put in time on this ...

Zibi
03-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Too late [f] :D

Just click on my name and check out the threads I've started. You should find your answer and the whole story in there.[cheers]

Good shit [36]Tons of respect for what you've done for him. I'd love to go up and help if you all need it after April when I get back from the Kootenays.

radman
03-09-2008, 01:11 AM
looks like a good home.[cheers][5] :respect:to all who helped

bakelite
03-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Good stuff, looks great![cheers]

lincoln locked
03-09-2008, 10:37 AM
looks great guys :)

Evan the Blue
03-09-2008, 08:02 PM
[cheers] Wade .... its looking really good, much respect

Cece
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Kudos to you!!!

Looks awesome!!! [36]

killer toy
03-10-2008, 12:36 AM
wade to go wade [cheers]

we might be headed up there easter weekend...

sobe
03-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll be kicking around up there from the 16th to the 21st. Camping on the beach doing some fishing.:party0010:

redneck_justice
03-10-2008, 09:29 PM
sobe, never met you but would like to some time. much respect for you and your dad and for what you have inspired other fibc members to come to the aid of some one who has ( by the story helped so many) and to all that helped lester out you are truly great people. it is to bad the genral public never gets to see what we the wheeling comunity see (good and bad) and don't know what were all about. it is people like you and those that pitched in to help lester out that make me proud to say i'am part of fun in bc. though i am somewhat distanced by mileage, the people my wife and i have met on the net and had the pleasure to wheel with have bin great to us and treated us as family. i have bin some what silent in the last 8 months are so having lost my father in law, mother and now my sister today. but this story upset me at first, put a smile on my face in the end. i look forward to shaking your hand and having a beer with you one day on the trail. phil

ps to those of you that helped lester out, well done people.

4Lo
03-10-2008, 09:32 PM
sobe, never met you but would like to some time. much respect for you and your dad and for what you have inspired other fibc members to come to the aid of some one who has ( by the story helped so many) and to all that helped lester out you are truly great people. it is to bad the genral public never gets to see what we the wheeling comunity see (good and bad) and don't know what were all about. it is people like you and those that pitched in to help lester out that make me proud to say i'am part of fun in bc. though i am somewhat distanced by mileage, the people my wife and i have met on the net and had the pleasure to wheel with have bin great to us and treated us as family. i have bin some what silent in the last 8 months are so having lost my father in law, mother and now my sister today. but this story upset me at first, put a smile on my face in the end. i look forward to shaking your hand and having a beer with you one day on the trail. phil

[36] [36]

Sorry to hear of your losses. Hope things get better for you

REDNECK-WELDING
03-10-2008, 09:48 PM
wow that place looks great.. i remember reading the sad story when it happened, to everyone how helped out with this build you guys are great.. i cant even imagine what it all means to lester.. keep up the good work.. and always rememeber... karma.. you have some good things coming your way[cheers]

DeeDee
03-11-2008, 11:04 PM
The place looks better and better each time you go up there.

[cheers]

sobe
03-13-2008, 07:33 AM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss(es) and thank you. I don't know what else to say, I don't feel like I did much. Posted a few things on the net and spent a few days working with friends.
If I head up towards Terrace again I'll be sure to get in touch.[cheers]

cronic 4x4
03-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Guys you should be proud its good to see that canada still got down to earth people who not only care about themselves but look out for each other ......

Happypants
03-16-2008, 11:58 PM
so im kinda outta the loop but you mind me asking what happened to his last place??