PDA

View Full Version : im havn troble reinstallin my 4 speed,69 chev 4x4

t dogg
03-07-2008, 04:39 PM
i just got my 4 spd tranny re n re'ed, no im puttin the the fucker back in! right now its up in the spot it needs to be im shur the output shaft is lined up and partly slid in but it seems to be (pivoting) stuck! the top of the bell housing is almost good, its strait and square...just cant get er done!!!! any tips???
\

SHORTBOXCHEVY
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
walk away smoke a fatty, and try again! seems to help me wen i get frustrated working on the chebby

ManDown
03-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Push the tranny in harder

kootenaycat
03-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Did you pull the clutch off? Is the pressure plate lined up? How about the pilot bearing/bushing, is it new/right one? Try pulling it back out a bit, put it in gear and turn the output shaft while pushing it in. Those coarse splines are sometimes a bitch to line up. Also, did you clean the alignment dowels/holes? I use lots of never sieze on them on installation.

t dogg
03-09-2008, 03:16 PM
sweet thank guys, i am goin to try again right from the ground, have a good look at ever thing,. the clutch must be lined up cause it never came out. i wonder if any thin could of got bent from pullin it out that might be stopin it???

Reeseman
03-09-2008, 03:42 PM
sounds like you are only slid in to the throw out bearing and you are still needto line up the splines of the shaft . try putting the tranny in gear and trun the end shaft and push the trans at the same time. I have done hundreds of clutches and it works every time.

t dogg
03-10-2008, 04:48 PM
yeah i gotta drop the tanny and make sure i didnt fuck the clutch up( i think i did). im thinkn since im in there i might as well replace the fucker!! i bent a..tooth?? pullin it out.. i noticed anyway!...do it right or dont do it!!