PDA

View Full Version : Working on toyota Truck - Need Help

Taxidermy
03-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I am working on Toyota Truck for next weekend - Saturday. 1987 Toyota Pickup with 22RE EFI Fuel Injection. Had trouble with start and stopping on road. Think maybe fuel filter. Do not have manual yet. Cannot find fuel filter. Different from picture I find. See picture below. Is this fuel filter or something different. If not, where is fuel filter?

4Lo
03-02-2008, 11:52 AM
That is not a fuel filter taxi. |That is part of your evap system I believe. Fuel filter is about the size of your fist (smaller actually) and should have a clear casing with some lines on it. You will also see filter material inside of it.

stevem
03-02-2008, 12:10 PM
the fuel filter on the 22r-e is located under the intake manifold on the pass side of the engine. its probably black and has 2 banjo bolt ( one on each side)
its probably easier to go through the passanger side front wheel well.
its a pain to change

ray
03-02-2008, 12:38 PM
thats yoru charcoal canister

your fuel filter is under intake on pass side

Taxidermy
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
the fuel filter on the 22r-e is located under the intake manifold on the pass side of the engine. its probably black and has 2 banjo bolt ( one on each side)
its probably easier to go through the passanger side front wheel well.
its a pain to change

Thank you. We found the fuel filter. Looks hard to change. Maybe friend with a lift help.

Taxidermy
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
My uncle stop in and help me. Very easy - Jacked up the front tire - passenger side - 2 bolts off and put new fuel filter on. I changed the oil and oil filter. My great-Uncle sent me an air filter for the Toyota too so I put that in also.

Grandpa and I test and works good. We found some good mud - slide some lots of mud for us to drive in.

4Lo
03-02-2008, 09:00 PM
where are the pics of you running through the mud eh??:D

RIFF RAFF
03-02-2008, 10:06 PM

[iagree] glad to hear it was an easy fix.

Taxidermy
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM

It was dark, so we not take any pics.