PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on Tundra?

AbF250
03-01-2008, 01:13 AM
I know its a new truck, but what are your thoughts on it? Ugly as all hell, or not bad? Ive got one, super rare. Regular cab,short box, SR5, TRD, tow pkg, 4x4, 5.7. 3" Toytec lift. Dynomax true dual exhaust.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on these things.

381 hp....... apparently 320 to the wheels, 4.30s in the diffs. I can tell you,,, 4low in 1st, you can walk faster.... 50 km in 6th, 35s with a 3 inch lift and some trimming on the skidplate,,, 185km/h speed limiter, 6400 rpm rev limiter.....

Thoughts?? this pic is before lift and exhaust. Ive got the dual pipes coming out the back with chrome tips.

highwaystar
03-01-2008, 01:34 AM
I hate it.

not because of looks, and im sure they are burly as hell and fun to drive. its just out of spite of what toyota has become.

American full size truck wars are like 3 retards hitting each other with 2x4's, and toyota said hey! ill remove half my brain cells and jump in the battle too. while we are at it we can totally alienate all our loyal customers by removing 4cyls from our trucks forever and make our tacoma huge and gay even tho gas prices are at record highs!!!!

fwiw I saw the new sequoia today that has the same front end as that thing.

highwaystar
03-01-2008, 01:35 AM
I do like the reg cab the best tho :D

Troy
03-01-2008, 01:46 AM
a friend was looking at one of those and was impressed by the power and the wicked cool e-locker blah blah blah. He drives a 93 f250 7.3L diesel non turbo and we figured it out and he gets better gas mileage than that thing does and can haul a helluva lot more than that import.

Long story short, He still has the old ford.

AbF250
03-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Totally agree with ya man.. Toyota should offer a Taco 4x4 with a 4 banger. They made em huge. But the tundra just simply rocks the big three. Hemis are a f**kin joke. Ram 1500. Chevy 6.0. Wont even mention Ford. But at $44,000, they better be better than than the rest. My last Ford(03 5.4) got about 12 miles to the gallon. The Toy will get around 16 city and 20 hwy, and f**k, its got about double the HP. What a fun truck. It kicks the shit out of domestics. I would race a 8.1 Cheby.....I think I would win. And with a 10.5 third member rear..... whats better??? And 4.30 gears...........no one offers that. Yes,, the 09 Chevy Denalis offer a 400 HP 6.2 6 spd. But they have to limit it so they dont blow up the rear end. THIS IS A HALF TON.......DONT COMPARE A CHEVY 3/4 TON OR FORD OR DODGE 3/4 TON DIESEL OR GAS. I know Toyota cant compare to them yet cause they simply dont compare. If you want to pull 20,000lbs, by all means,, buy a duramax or cummins....Superior trucks. Wont touch powerstroke!!!!

AbF250
03-01-2008, 02:24 AM
a friend was looking at one of those and was impressed by the power and the wicked cool e-locker blah blah blah. He drives a 93 f250 7.3L diesel non turbo and we figured it out and he gets better gas mileage than that thing does and can haul a helluva lot more than that import.

Long story short, He still has the old ford.

Ya, my cousin drives a 06 PS for work, but he has a 95 PS and it will pull alot more than the 06.....he hates the 6.0L, he ends up driving his 7.3 more often than not. Tundra dosen't have a locker or e-locker..........they use electronics(gay)..... They use VSC to control the rear. They lock up one side of the brakes to simulate a locker Its sooooo gay. The front end will lock up with ABS if you slide sideways. I hate it. Even if you press the button, it still locks up. Gay.Gay. Gay!!!

And highwaystar....yes, all three, now four, should offer 4 cylinder 4x4 trucks. Who wouldn't want that? Ya, the Sequoia is just as ugly..... I own the same damn truck!! Im hoping resale will follow all other Toys. I paid enough for the gawd damn thing, I hope it dosent have the same value as a fricken Dodge in five years!!

Trooper
03-01-2008, 09:31 AM
I just picked up a 2007 2wd tundra. Regular cab short box for a parts hauler for work. Seems good to say 15l per 100km around the city. I dont care about power in a truck. Its really good on gas untill you push into it. I"m gonna keep it till next year when they come out with the diesel yotas

nightcrawler
03-01-2008, 10:32 AM
ahh the tundra looks like a jellybean:happy0045: [f] just my opinion:dontknow: :D

arjan
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
He drives a 93 f250 7.3L diesel non turbo and we figured it out and he gets better gas mileage than that thing does

Makes sense, it burns diesel, not gas :D

Can't compare the two. The Tundra is a nicely refined ride compared to an old ford. I drove a Tundra when they first came out, and noticed the transmission shifted far smoother then any domestic truck.
It's the detail, fit and finish where you find the difference between toyota and the domestics.

Troy
03-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Makes sense, it burns diesel, not gas :D

Can't compare the two. The Tundra is a nicely refined ride compared to an old ford. I drove a Tundra when they first came out, and noticed the transmission shifted far smoother then any domestic truck.
It's the detail, fit and finish where you find the difference between toyota and the domestics.

you can compare it pretty easily

get xxx mpg for the ford
get xxx mpg for the toyota

the ford was cheaper.

and yes i hate imports with a passion.

redman
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
i like the trucks, toyota spent years engineering stuff to make it better and more reliable.

yes did they go bigger ut to make money as that is where the market is right now.

I do not like the reg cab short box, no room for gear in the truck and no room for a sub. All the gear has to go in the back which means you need a canopy or all yer shit gets soaked every time.

good quality for sure

arjan
03-03-2008, 07:49 PM

get xxx mpg for the ford
get xxx mpg for the toyota

the ford was cheaper.

I would assume that the Toyota would have come with a significant monthly payment anyway. You'll never save enough on fuel to compensate for a $600 car payment.
It is generally cheaper to keep driving your current vehicle unless you go from a truck to a economy car.
You buy a new truck because you like it, not to save money.
Your liking for imports is just your personal taste, which seemed to be the deciding factor here.

AbF250
03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
i

I do not like the reg cab short box, no room for gear in the truck and no room for a sub. All the gear has to go in the back which means you need a canopy or all yer shit gets soaked every time.

good quality for sure

Actually, there is tons of room behind the seat. I have 2 10s in there, not in a truck box, that box is 16in wide, and thats with the seat all the way back. When I go snowboarding, I throw my board back there, plus all my gear. This truck has more interior storage than my last extended cab Ford, sure you cant put people back there, but oh well! 2 glove compartments....2 compartments in the console, plus a storage bin under the console(third seat) that you can put a laptop with a power port,.....8... yes 8 cupholders, over head console- good for sunglasses and...not much else! A handy little compartment in each door ( I put my garage door opener in there) and big trays in the door for crap... like maps, flashlights, screwdrivers....whatever!!

AbF250
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM

Just pokin fun....but the Tundra is built in Austin, Texas!! Ya,ya I know....its still a Japanese company! Trust me, if Ford had a new GAS truck that was this stout...I probably would have bought that instead.