PDA

View Full Version : engine vibration

giika
02-29-2008, 02:33 AM
I have the following problem.
On my car 1987 Chevrolet s10 blazer, engine 2.8 with manual transmission 4x4 I have changed engine 2.8 with auto transmission which, I should think so that itís 1985 because it has carburetor.
Then I ordered from www.1aauto.com (http://www.1aauto.com/) flywheel and clutch kit in overall dimensions and information what has auto trans flywheel-s.
Both have 148 teeth. Manual-is Outside Diameter = 12.50" auto Outside Diameter =12.40"
While assembling car also I install pilot bushing and I have corrected starter using a plate.
After assembling my car vibrates at high RPM.
And how I read in FUNINBC forum - 2.8 engines are externally balanced and how I understood I have problem with flywheel balance.
I have original flex plate that came with the engine and also I have new flywheel.
Can anybody explain to me how to match balance the flywheel to the original flex plate.
Whether you have any working drawings or whether you have tables to send me on my e-mail. Giika2000Yahoo.com
I thank in advance.

78bronco
03-03-2008, 02:07 AM
use your old harmonic balencer on your new motor and or use your old flywheel and harmonic balencer

giika
03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
i have lost my old motor (my mechanic died and nobody knows where is it) and i haven't old parts.

WagoneerXJ
03-04-2008, 09:41 PM
i have lost my old motor (my mechanic died and nobody knows where is it) and i haven't old parts.

I suggest goin to a junkyard and getting the proper balancer, or flywheel that you need.