PDA

View Full Version : What size frost plugs in a 351m????

C.W.
02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Im going to look at a truck that popped two frost plugs out, wanted to bring plugs with to try putting them in and see if it starts without leaking anywhere else.
Are they the same as small block chevs 1 5/8"?

jonny6door
02-24-2008, 05:59 PM
i dunno just go to lordco and ask for 2 frost plugs for a 351. you noobs need to be more resourceful than just comming on here every time you have a Q. :rockhorns:
________
IOLITE REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/iolite)

Troy
02-24-2008, 07:04 PM
mine was 1 3/4'' i think.

i can tell you it fucking blows having to put one in if the motor is in the truck. I had the whole front clip off my truck and it was a pain in the ass, i ended up grinding the outside of it and making a special bent punch to get it straight into the block.

have fun :)

C.W.
02-24-2008, 07:11 PM
i dunno just go to lordco and ask for 2 frost plugs for a 351. you noobs need to be more resourceful than just comming on here every time you have a Q. :rockhorns:
Im not a newb to mechanical work just not familiar with 351m's.
And i did phone Lordco before i posted and got some no brain putz as usual With the typical attitude so many people seem to have that told me thy cant look them up that way. All he could do was order me in a complete kit and i could see what size it was when it got there. Otherwise i would need to know the size to buy them individually.

So i figured i would ask on here hoping not to get the same attitude! :fighting0071:

C.W.
02-24-2008, 07:13 PM
mine was 1 3/4'' i think.

i can tell you it fucking blows having to put one in if the motor is in the truck. I had the whole front clip off my truck and it was a pain in the ass, i ended up grinding the outside of it and making a special bent punch to get it straight into the block.

have fun :)

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that they would be 1 5/8" like small block chevs.
Do you think the temp rubber ones would work to be able to get coolant in and fire it to see if thats the only damage before i buy it?

jonny6door
02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
my 390 fe frost plugs are 1 3/8". i did mine easily with the engine in the truck. i also dont have inner fender and i have headers. the first question should be why are they popped out to begin with..
________
Og Kush Seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

C.W.
02-24-2008, 07:24 PM
my 390 fe frost plugs are 1 3/8". i did mine easily with the engine in the truck. i also dont have inner fender and i have headers. the first question should be why are they popped out to begin with..
The guy left water in it over the winter and i froze. Thats why i was hoping to get two in there too see if it leaks anywhere else.

caveman
02-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Just use the rubber expansion ones

C.W.
02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Just use the rubber expansion ones
Thats what i was thinkin.

caveman
02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I have used them before they work good when in a jam

C.W.
02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I think crappy tire here even has them.

Troy
02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for your response. I was hoping that they would be 1 5/8" like small block chevs.
Do you think the temp rubber ones would work to be able to get coolant in and fire it to see if thats the only damage before i buy it?

im not exactly sure on the size, that was just a guess i only bought one.

mine was rusted right out, poked a screwdriver through it. that was a relief instead of finding out you have a cracked block or blown head gasket

im sure the rubber would work good for temporary use. wouldnt hurt to stick a screwdriver down the spark plug hole and cycle the piston and measure to see if its a 351 or 400 either. 3.5'' from BTC to TDC is 351 ci and 4" is a 400 ci

C.W.
02-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Ya i just want too make sure this one isn't cracked.