PDA

View Full Version : Tire Advice

apefrill
02-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Looking for some suggestions as to what kind of tires would be good to get for my Explorer. I want something that is good for off road but will still stand up to highway driving because its my daily driver too. It's just stock for the time being but I want to go up to a 31" to give me a bit more height. Any suggestions?

B
02-23-2008, 03:44 PM
these are what i have on my wifes they seem to do really well for everything rain snow ice mud plus they look cool and hold upreally well and cheaper than bfg' and mtr's

the truxus mt's

the wifes ...

here's another

on a new jk 4 door we just finished

[36] [36] [36]

[cheers]

norm
02-23-2008, 04:59 PM
If ya wanna go AT check out General Grabber ATII
severe winter rated,cheaper than BFG and they used to have a 96,000km treadwear warranty (not sure if they still do) I have them on my pickup
and have been quite pleased with them:dontknow:

DURANGO
02-23-2008, 05:21 PM
ive found these to work pretty sweet April..lol

DURANGO
02-23-2008, 05:23 PM
oopps sorry i meant...

apefrill
02-23-2008, 11:42 PM
The slicks look like what Brad has on the Bronco. They don't work so well:dontknow:

KINGCRUISER
03-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Boggers all year round[36]

03-13-2008, 12:04 PM
The sx is supposed to be good but i would think the baby in the center would cause a little hop at highway speeds.

lornix
03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm with B on this one. The Trxus MTs work really well in a variety of conditions and carry an excellent price point. I just put a set on my XJ and I like them better than my previous Yokohama MT+II that I was running. Considering they are a lot less expensive than the Yokos and seem to deliver similar traction, they make for a pretty good deal.

dirka dave
03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Goodyear Mtr's work well....BFG allterrains are also ok.

nightcrawler
03-17-2008, 10:38 AM
kind of a shitty pic trail busters ms work good all around[cheers] got em from fountain

TWOZEROFOUR
04-06-2008, 10:58 PM
go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself kind of a shitty pic trail busters ms work good all around[cheers] got em from fountain

TWOZEROFOUR
04-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I spend far to much time with tires [16] like 70hrs a week to much

im personally not a fan,, but BFG A/T's seem to be a pretty good all around tire for a primarly on rd veichle but can still work well off road. a lot of guys sipe em. 5/32'nds for winter and by the time summer rolls around the siping is half worn and you don;t have to worry about the tires chuking on rocks,

as far a no name tires go,, they balance up way shittier than a quailty tire,, and in a 31 you can get a good ride still,,, but a shitty tire will give you unwanted shakes.

it's hard to get a tire to do it all,, but the bfg a/t or nitto terra grappler would not be a bad choice,, and luckley 31 are still pretty cheap

TWOZEROFOUR
04-06-2008, 11:07 PM
also the tire B. suggested is good,, but will suck in winter on the road.. other than that it's a good choice as well.

B
04-07-2008, 01:04 AM
also the tire B. suggested is good,, but will suck in winter on the road.. other than that it's a good choice as well.

how so tire guru ? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

TWOZEROFOUR
04-07-2008, 09:03 PM
open shoulder, large lugs to start with.. they track like shit in corners and tend to get the plow affect, not much siping. maybe they are ok for costal winters but we do get some good peroids of snow on the roads up here.. but what the fuck do i know... I don;t sell tires on the FIBC forums nor do i have a pic of me leaning on a tire.

on second though, who the fuck am i to say... buy what B says he is the GURU

apefrill
04-07-2008, 09:12 PM
open shoulder, large lugs to start with.. they track like shit in corners and tend to get the plow affect, not much siping. maybe they are ok for costal winters but we do get some good peroids of snow on the roads up here.. but what the fuck do i know... I don;t sell tires on the FIBC forums nor do i have a pic of me leaning on a tire.

Didn't mean to cause any drama here guys!;) Anyway, do you work in a tire shop here in Westbank? I may come talk to you about it, cuz I need some advice from someone locally who doesn't know my husband:D Like I said don't need any more drama!

B
04-07-2008, 09:32 PM

sorry had a few beer's didn't mean to come across that strong i guess ... [wako] have u seen a set in person or driven on them ?

i realize ur winter's are different than ours down here but still i put these on the wifes for the winter and they have really impressed ...

ask jakeranger about there sipping and amazing traction on the white and slippery stuff ...

but if u haven't seen /driven and it's not a brand u carry or have a good price point i get it .......

but for 150 bucks a tire in a 31 x 10.5 x 15 there hard to beat .

take a look at the pic above there's hella sipping ;)

killer toy
04-07-2008, 09:37 PM
never had a problem with my truxus mt. skiing ALL over BC in the winter.

from what tires ive had they were my fav for road manners as well[cheers]

UU
04-07-2008, 10:33 PM
just got a set of 33" Truxus on the Grand, so far so good

I also like the BFG muds for an all around tire

my 2 cents

[!] Tire Guru

DeeDee
04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I like the truxus .... I dislike driving in snow... alot... I like the truxus because I can actually stop when I need to instead of sliding all over the place... I have had several sets/kinds of tires and by far these are my favs...

but what do I know...Im no guru - Im "just" a girl....

TWOZEROFOUR
04-07-2008, 10:55 PM
yep, ya can't get a No Name 31 for 150 a tire,, good deal,,

i anwser these questions all the time,, i was just tring to give some insight. i have seen the truxus but not drivin on em.. $600 for a interco product is a good dea[36]

kinda nasty
04-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Swamper Boggers are always my first pick but not everyone likes the tire howl like I do. My next pick is the Big O XT very nice aggressive tread but ok on hwy too. Awesome warranty. Here in Chilliwack Big O tires 604-792-8686. I have had the old tread design Big O mud terrains on my Jimmy for 4 years. Daily driven, mudded on weekends and mud raced as much as possible. Still about 50% tread.