PDA

View Full Version : need help figuring out what degree of pinion correcting block i need.

crazylike
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
i changed over my axels from d44 and 60 to ff d60's i need to correct the drive shaft angle of the front diff. i have i beleive a 6 degree pitch block in there now but drive shaft binds at full extention. any body know hwo much of an pitch i should be after?

6 inch suspention 4 inch body on a w150 short box

78bronco
02-24-2008, 02:20 AM
I had a 6degree shim in the front with 9" of lift handled like shit broke the shims a couple of times. just put in a cv shaft in the front

Nutbar
02-24-2008, 11:32 AM
trying to correct pinion angle in the frt will screw your alignment and your truck will handle like shit the proper way to correct pinion angle in the front is to cut and turn the pumpkin or the knuckles on the diff.

importcrusher
02-24-2008, 11:49 AM
you can keep steering geometry by putting in a couple superflex u joints,they give an extra 10 degrees,my dads chev had the same problem,thats cleared it up just make sureyou buy a spare cause they dont sell them in canada yet. shims suck cut and roll is the other way is the other way,not as simple as changing a couple u joints yo