PDA

View Full Version : Tranny noises?

-beaker
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
My f250 started making some fucked up sounds today, sounds like its got ball bearings spinning around in the tranny but it shifts and drives perfect, my first guess and probibly the problem is the throwout bearing. The sounds is made all the time, in gear or not. and gets louder with engine rpm increasing. Motor runs fine tranny shifts good and clutch isnt soft? Whats your guess?. Unless im told otherwise i have to drive this thing to school for the rest of the week so.... sugestions?
4.9L inline6
5speed 4x4

derricklordon
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
does the sound change when the clutch is ingaged

Foes
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
i had the same sound in my 89 f250, i beleive it was the thro out bearings, and the sound stayed the same with the clutch in, the tranny was a zf

radman
02-06-2008, 07:17 PM
mine is a mazda 5 spd with the concentric slave cylinder and i figured it was the input bearing, when the eng blew i checked and the input bearing was fine and cause you have to pull the trans or eng to change the slave i got a new one with a throw out bearing. that made it beter.

Deathtrap
02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
If the sound goes away with the clutch peddel depressed its the release bearing, If it doesn't its the input bearing. On my ZF the input makes noise, it has for a few months and isn't getting worse or leaking so Im not to worried yet.

-beaker
02-09-2008, 02:57 PM
It was the stated motor spinning at mach3, just a faulty gear, replaced it and shes good to go