PDA

View Full Version : Lifting my 250

savagelittleranger
01-29-2008, 11:18 AM
I have a 73 highboy and i wanted to lift it another 4". I was thinking about making some new shackles to drop it down because I work in a fab shop and have plenty of tools and material available but this being the first time Ive done this kinda thing, Im a little afraid Im gonna fuck something and have it break at the worst possible time. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated [cheers]

jakerngr
01-29-2008, 11:56 AM
It has been done a million times on these trucks just over build it and you will be fine

caveman
01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
check out troy's build

savagelittleranger
01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I noticed he made some blocks and this would probably be the easiest way to do it but Ive also heard everyone on here bashing blocks at one time or another so :dontknow:

StinkFinger
01-29-2008, 01:04 PM
if you lift it 4"with shackles youll need them to be 8"longer than what you have now
look at relocating your leaf hangers getting new leafs or a combo of theas

Redneck Lincoln
01-29-2008, 04:28 PM
longer shackles arnt enough, if you dont extend front hangers you will be angling your pinion down. buy lift leafs or build hagers and shackles.

FU Toolbag
01-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Buy yourself some good front lifted springs and then get another set of front hangers that match the ones on your rear springs. Cut off your rear spring perches and install the new front hangers in the rear. With this there, you can have your shackle hang down, not up. the next real fun part will be to either cut your spring perches off and reposition them so your angle is back to spec, and your done. It sounds like a lot, but can be done in a day with some prep and the right tools, oh, and no beer, otherwise, how bout a week.

savagelittleranger
01-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Lol I try to keep beer out of anything to do with tools. Me sober cant even keep that truck running. Ive been talking to a few people and Im starting to thing lift springs might be the way to go. Id rather pay the money to do it right than mickey mouse something and get stuck somewhere with my axle a few feet away from the truck. That said my new problem is the previous owner fucked up all the electrical stuff and i know nothign about electrical so i have to learn now the hard way. But everyones gotta start somewhere i guess [cheers]