PDA

View Full Version : Lock Right issue

REZ
01-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I just got rear lock right(positive-locking) installed for my tracker. (I did not install it)

I never had a locker so I am not sure if this is normal.

when I make sharp turn it makes clunking nise

and when I shift or push the gas hard truck turns to left or right direction ,mostly left

Thanks

Apathy
01-28-2008, 03:08 PM
are the wheels spinning when it does this?

kamloopsyota
01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
ive had loc rites in both my vehicles, get used to the clunking and locking and unlocking when turning a corner.

REZ
01-28-2008, 03:57 PM
are the wheels spinning when it does this?

what do you mean?
when i make regular turns on the road it make the sound.
drivability is not much different in turns

REZ
01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
ive had loc rites in both my vehicles, get used to the clunking and locking and unlocking when turning a corner.

then clunking sound is normal???

Apathy
01-28-2008, 04:04 PM
what do you mean?
when i make regular turns on the road it make the sound.
drivability is not much different in turns

If yu stop on the gas, both tires will spin. this will push your ass end left or right.
Yes some clunking is normal

REZ
01-28-2008, 04:07 PM
If yu stop on the gas, both tires will spin. this will push your ass end left or right.
Yes some clunking is normal

thanks,
so everything is normal.
[cheers]

MUD CHILD
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
The noise you hear is the locker slipping allowing on wheel to turn faster than the other around a corner, that's normal. Sounds like it 's working just like it should I know it may sound funny but you will get use to it[cheers]

Tunabomber
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM
just wait till you hear the sound that makes you get out and look for a broken axel

its normal im told [wako]

REZ
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
just wait till you hear the sound that makes you get out and look for a broken axel

haha
I swap my axle with heavy duty ones[36]

kootenaycat
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM

I almost shit my pants the first time my Cherokee made that sound! :D I swore I'd find parts scattered all over the road!

And yes it will want to push either way. It's a solid axle now, so any little difference in road conditions/traction or even road contours will be magnified. My XJ feels like the steering box is worn out and wanders down the highway. Took me a while to get used to it. What I also found with mine was I had too narrow of a wheel for my 31's. Put them on 15X8's and it cured 90% of the wandering. Did you also go bigger tires or already have them? I did all of mine at once, so couldn't figure out right away what the major problem was.

REZ
01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I have my 31x10.5 on 15x7.
I didnt know wider rim will make difference???

pumpkin
01-29-2008, 07:35 AM
The left and right action is from different tire diameters. With the tires worn eaqualy you have to have the tire preasure even. I have lockers in two of my trucks, and kinda like that part. I can tell when one of my rear tires is a couple psi lower than the other. The lockrights are a cheaper, cruder design of a detroit, so it might even be something you have to live with, as the spacing on the drive teeth are spaced further apart than on a detroit, so under power or coast, you're actualy only driving one wheel at times.