PDA

View Full Version : BC bound

2grnd4u
01-27-2008, 06:11 PM
hey everyone! my name is jessey and as you can probably tell, i am moving to bc soon...like REALLY soon...from Manitoba. Me and my girlfriend are renting a place between castlegar and nelson. I am running a 97 zj 4.0L I6 with a 3" BB and 235/75r15 bfg all-terrains. there is more mods on the way, but this move kinda drained the old wallet.

I have gone out on a few open runs with a club from around my area, mostly really muddy trails with some nasty holes(one hole swallowed the front bumper of yj on 39.5" iroks) needles to say i went around that one. hopefully i can get out on some runs that aren't to wild...my rigs is my dd so i kinda gotta baby it...for now[22] lol
i'll check with the other club if i can post some of there pics and videos to show you what and where we ride and what i consider babying my zj
[36]

redman
01-27-2008, 07:27 PM
welcome

wat is this club you speak of ? [cheers]

2grnd4u
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
the club out here is Westman Off Road enthusiasts. W.O.R.E for short...

www.wore.ca (http://www.wore.ca) is the site there are pics and vids there to

SquirreL-E
01-27-2008, 09:15 PM
welcome mang,

[ibacon]

HEAVY METAL
01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
:gives: we are full... stay back east.. that where we like ya's...[cheers]

kootenaycat
01-27-2008, 09:30 PM
:gives: we are full... stay back east.. that where we like ya's...[cheers]

Relax, he's moving to the Kootenays, you guys are safe. :D

And welcome, just stay away from Nelson unless you are into the artsy shit and enjoy seeing hippies begging for money on the streets. I'm not kidding. So Tarrys? What made you decide to make this part of Canada your new home, work? And as for wheelin, not too much open this time of year, better of buying a sled. :D

MUD CHILD
01-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the site, I moved from Winnipeg to Kelowna 2 1/2 years ago and am lovin it here[cheers]

Taxidermy
01-27-2008, 10:17 PM
welcome

nbrowser
01-27-2008, 10:20 PM
And speaking as a native Manitoban moved to the wet coast, lemme just say....the trails out here make anything in MB look like a bike ride.........trust me, can't wait to get ya out here and on some nice ones.......

Leithmc
01-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Welcome. At least you're movin in the right direction. Make sure that Z's in good shape. Passin the V.I can be an expensive operation in itself.

bakelite
01-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Welcome [cheers]

HILLBILLY
01-28-2008, 08:36 AM
welcome

Dirty Girls
01-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Castlegar, that is a borring City. Good luck lots of nice area to test out though. *i used to live there* as for moving to BC good move??!!!

2grnd4u
01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
i chose bc because well...it friggin BC!!! i've been there twice in my life and became addicted to the mountains and everything...just tired of the flats, need a change of scenery.
As for my jeep, i am getting the mechanics at work to give it the once over but all my ball joints tie-rods, control arms are all good. just have to change the rear pinion seal and get some new shocks and we are goo to go...

so is there anyone from the tarrys area? i don't know how hardcore a trail i can do with out busting my ride(no where to fix it if it breaks) some light duty logging roads wuold be pretty rad, or mud

yummysweet350
01-28-2008, 09:59 AM
welcome to fibc

redneck princess
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
:) WELOCME :)

lornix
01-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Welcome Jessey, make sure you leave those helicopter-sized mosquitoes back in Manitoba. We don't need those things carrying off our young!

[cheers]

2grnd4u
01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
LOL d/w lornix...i'll leave the air-force back at base lol

kootenaycat
01-28-2008, 08:55 PM
i chose bc because well...it friggin BC!!! i've been there twice in my life and became addicted to the mountains and everything...just tired of the flats, need a change of scenery.
As for my jeep, i am getting the mechanics at work to give it the once over but all my ball joints tie-rods, control arms are all good. just have to change the rear pinion seal and get some new shocks and we are goo to go...

so is there anyone from the tarrys area? i don't know how hardcore a trail i can do with out busting my ride(no where to fix it if it breaks) some light duty logging roads wuold be pretty rad, or mud

I do VI's at work in Trail and a buddy in Castlegar does them as well. Just make sure all the little stuff is good. I can PM you details if you want them before the inspection, may save you some money.

Like I said already, there's a lot of snow even low in the valleys right now. You'll have to look for logging roads where they are actively logging. Also, the Pend D'Oreille is usually good most of the winter, only about 500' higher then the valley in elevation, so there should be minimal snow. Once the snow melts, a close ride to you is up Mt. Sentinel. A good short run when you don't have a full day to go. The views are spectacular up there, you can look up and down the Columbia river as well as look up the Kootenay river. Pretty tame as far as technical, but hope you don't like your paint job a lot, getting grown in spots.

2grnd4u
01-28-2008, 10:43 PM
I do VI's at work in Trail and a buddy in Castlegar does them as well. Just make sure all the little stuff is good. I can PM you details if you want them before the inspection, may save you some money.

Like I said already, there's a lot of snow even low in the valleys right now. You'll have to look for logging roads where they are actively logging. Also, the Pend D'Oreille is usually good most of the winter, only about 500' higher then the valley in elevation, so there should be minimal snow. Once the snow melts, a close ride to you is up Mt. Sentinel. A good short run when you don't have a full day to go. The views are spectacular up there, you can look up and down the Columbia river as well as look up the Kootenay river. Pretty tame as far as technical, but hope you don't like your paint job a lot, getting grown in spots.

hey thanx for the headsup on the some tame trails out my way. As for paint...i worked in a bodyshop and know how to run a polisher if need be lol but i doubt i would even bother. So from tarrys, how do i get to mount sentinel? and how tame is it? i have no winch, minor experience and cant afford to total my ride(my g/f wont let me drive her truck)...is it a trail i should follow someone up the first time?? sorry for all the questions...i hear wheelin there is WAY diff. than wheelin here

kootenaycat
01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Sentinel is really easy, can't get lost or stuck up there unless you head up now with all this snow! When you leave Castlegar headed for Tarrys, you pass the Brilliant dam then go through the bluffs and come to Thrums, lots of houses. First road on your left, maybe 3-400 yards past the bluffs. Follow the pavement 'til it ends and it starts switchbacking from there. There is someone living at the old mill site about 2-3 miles up, it might be plowed to there, but I doubt it. I'd wait a couple of months before attempting. If you slide off the side, it's a long/steep drop! :eek:

2grnd4u
01-29-2008, 06:44 PM
kool thanx man...my dad is pretty stoked about some old loggin road runs he could do without my mom gettin all nervous in the passenger seat when they come out this summer, and i think this might be rediculously close to my place...we are one of the first places in tarrys....damn the wait is killin me!! hahah