PDA

View Full Version : FUKEN DISTRIBUTER FUCK FUCK FUCK

Punk in Drublic
01-23-2008, 05:05 PM
what is the fuken deal with ford distributers. i cant get the fucker back in all the way. ready to take a fuken axe to the whole fuken truck, cock suckin ford shit truck

Nutbar
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Sounds like you are not lining up with the oil pump drive shaft if you look down the distributor hole below the gear on the cam that drives the distributor on the fords I believe you will see a hex shaped shaft it couples with the bottom of the dist. and drives the oil pump, reach down the hole with an extension and a socket and turn the shaft a little bit then try to put the dist. back in it might take a couple of tries to get it to line up right.

epic3
01-23-2008, 06:49 PM
yup dats it
I had to pull mine for the ign mod and had a bit of a tough time lining it up

poostang
01-23-2008, 06:51 PM
burn it

Punk in Drublic
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
[stupid] errr, i mean [e]

i can still turn the dis shaft. i its got a long way to go down before the oil pump, thats only like a half inch. im thinkin maybe the cam gear to dist, gear is my prob. i can still turn the shaft, so i no im not engaged with the cam, right?ill try the oil pump tommorow.(thats why the dist is out, had to clean out the oil pan,pump.pickup) but its cold out know [stoned]

Nutbar
01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Well then this is looking more interesting :confused0006: . . . O K . . . what engine and what parts did you change? . . . I am just lookin for some info to try and help

AbF250
01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
thats happened to me lots. while you are holding the dist., push down a bit and get someone to BUMP the ignition.(pull coil wire first!) it should drop right in.

Punk in Drublic
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
while you are holding the dist., push down a bit and get someone to BUMP the ignition.(pull coil wire first!) it should drop right in.

yea thats what i fingered, just wasnt sure if that was good er not

what engine and what parts did you change?

460, changes heads, intake, dist frome the stock fi to stock carbed. didnt fuck with any internals.

Nutbar
01-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Well if it isn't just stuck on something I would be lookin at the depths of the new and old Dist.

does the Dist run through the intake? if it does check the hieghts of the mounting surface.

and the length of the oil pump drive shafts

I don't do a lot of work on Fords but it was my understanding that this was not a hard swap to do on them no real oddball parts or anything

Punk in Drublic
01-23-2008, 10:36 PM
yea ive had it all together and running but had no oil pressure. the oil pan was full a sludge and plugged the pickup. i know it gos together its just being stubborn. im gonna try havin someone turn it over by hand while i fuk with the distributor. than time for a new carb and some ratbagin.

Nutbar
01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
AHHHHHH I see then it is just being difficult maybe try some harsh language and threats:mad0217: bat1

Troy
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
than time for a new carb and some ratbagin.

i dont have anything to add, but strongly i agree with this statement[36]

Punk in Drublic
01-23-2008, 10:55 PM
oh i gave her what for, lemme tellya :argue: [2] [smack] [fire] [28] but then it was cold so i [stoned] and watched hockey

OldEnuff
01-24-2008, 12:22 AM
I had one hell of a time getting my dizzy back in with my '87 Bronco (302)

It would not go back in all the way

I used extremely harsh language and that did the trick

what I mean is that the neighbours came and asked me to stop :D

when I finally did get it to go in it barely ran:dontknow:

yeah........ I finally got it in.......... but one tooth out [16]

by the way it was the oil pump hex shaft thingy not engaging properly

boyzen
01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
oh my

Punk in Drublic
01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
VICTORY IS MINE!

whata pain in the arsehole. had to turn the engine to get the gears to a lign, and again for the oil pump. now if i could just remember where i put that keeper n bolt.