PDA

View Full Version : Noise coming from front right wheel

jamiedouglas
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I have a CJ7 d30, I think its the inside bearing or brakes. How difficult is this to pull apart? Is there any special tools or is it straight forward? I will need to replace the router as well, are the pressed on or bolt off?

thanks I m a newbie at jeeps

HEAVY METAL
01-23-2008, 01:31 PM
its a jeep ... it should fall aprt

Honky
01-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Very easy just get in there you will see

dirka dave
01-23-2008, 01:55 PM
its a jeep ... it should fall aprt
[iagree] But it shouldn't be too difficult.

Leithmc
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
The only thing that could really be a problem is the hub assembly. You may need a slide hammer to pull it if it's stuck

nightcrawler
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
OH AND DONT FROGET THE 12 POINT SOCKETS

frank1
02-07-2008, 07:44 AM
It's easy. You need a spindle nut socket for the spindle nuts. (Don't bother screwing around taking them off with a hammer and cold chisel, you won't be able to get the wheel bearings set right that way anyway.)
This socket is a 2 1/16 socket, it does not look like other dana spindle nut sockets.
Depending on the year you may need a funny size allen wrench to get the caliper bolts out. Mine are 7mm, but a torx wrench will work there if you don't have a 7mm allen. I always forget what size torx, T45 I think.
When you put it all back together locktite the bolts that hold the lock-out on, or it will probably work loose.

Little Yello Jeep
02-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I hate to mention somethign so simple umm how inflated are your tires?

jamiedouglas
02-27-2008, 02:37 PM
got her done... it was a combination of things wheel bearing, bushings and 1150.00 bill

Honky
02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
WTF??? Did you have a shop do the work? Best to get your hand dirty now and save yourself a pile-o-cash

and for parts when you go into Lordco use the funinbc accout to save some $$

epic3
02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
1150 bucks!!!

On a d30 none the less are you mad!!

Papa Pete
02-27-2008, 02:51 PM
and how much have you spent on your god aweful breakdown every trip SNOUT

Honky
02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
that should have cost your at most $200 but more like $150

epic3
02-27-2008, 03:03 PM
and how much have you spent on your god aweful breakdown every trip SNOUT
I've never spent a dime on any trail/trip breakdown

Honky
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
thats odd...I have only seen the snout out a couple of times and EVERY time I see it out it's broken on the side of the road...this includes the spudspudspudspudspud run again this year.........just sayin(tm)

B
02-27-2008, 03:49 PM
got her done... it was a combination of things wheel bearing, bushings and 1150.00 bill

holy fuck jamie ... [wako] ...

wtf dude ... :dontknow:

Papa Pete
02-27-2008, 03:53 PM
ya but he doesnt spend anything having people tow him out..........just sayin(tm)

epic3
02-27-2008, 04:05 PM
thats odd...I have only seen the snout out a couple of times and EVERY time I see it out it's broken on the side of the road...this includes the spudspudspudspudspud run again this year.........just sayin(tm)

didnt cost me nothin to fix it:D

Honky
02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
it is good to see it out......I really do like the looks of those beasts

epic3
02-27-2008, 06:22 PM
All jeepers come outta the closet to look at scouts

jamiedouglas
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry if there is any grammar and spell mistakes

The bill was so much because the go fuck yourself Gino's fuck you around Tires and Towing shopgo fuck yourself fucked me around and I had to get it towed to Jeep Trills, and get them to do it right.

Three shops in total two couldn't figure it out. The first mistake was a machine that B & J auto parts recommend that I go to get the Bearing pressed on the axle, the bearing lasted 2 days before it slipped off the axle.

It was $110.00 for the 2bearings, 2seals and 4 Lt gear oil.
It was $80.00 for the first guy to try to put the bearing on the shaft.

2 days later I m heading to Jeep Trills to get them to take a look at and fix it my axle comes out. so I use 411 on my phone to get a tow truck, 411 gives me Gino's fuck you around Tires and Towing so he comes out to get my truck I tell him I m going to maple ridge he tells me not to be stupid and get his shop to do it I think about it and he keeps telling me that his guy will have it done in couple of hours. probable before noon.

50 dollar tow bill

Roughly $240.00 at this point.

I get there the guy goes "NO problem!", "1-2 hrs at the most, go home and I'll call you when it's ready". 2 hrs later I get a call he tells me he can do it, no problem he needs money for parts, because I have the wrong bearings and one brake cylinder is fucked so I go down there give him $370.00 cash for parts and the cost to get the new bearing pressed on, and for labour up to this point. 3 o'clock Friday rolls around 7 hrs since he towed me to his shop I get a phone call that its almost ready.

I go great it's a little costly but its done, no worries I can goto work the next day. I get there and I see the brake parts in the mud. He goes "it's in", "I can't guarantee the work because this is a custom axle". I go "how come Jeep Trills told me it's a easy job". so I walk over to the axle give it a pull and the fucking thing come out about 4 inches. I go "hey man thats not right, Its going to pop out as soon as I leave your shop!".
He goes "it a custom axle theres some movement in them". At this point I think fuck I made a huge mistake here this fuck guy doesn't know shit I know more then he does. so he goes "look man leave it over night I make some calls and get it done". I think at this point it doesn't matter. So I call first thing in the morning.

The cost is now $610.00

He has it out, and I go "are you taken to Jeep Trills?", "he goes no they are going to have the same problem as I am with it", "I go no I'll take it out there myself".
I call jeep Trills B laughs at me and goes "bring the axle spacer and back plates here" I go "ok" and go over to the jeep and grab the axle, start picking up the brake parts which are still in the muddy ground.
I ask him if there is any other parts he goes "no", I say "I need the back plating" he goes "no you don't, Jeep Trills doesn't know what they are talking about". So I head out there drop the parts off with B, he goes right away "there the backing plate?" I go "fucking guy", B says " tow it here get it done right" so he give me a number from a tow truck the they use all the time. he only charges $60.00 to tow it from POCO to Maple Ridge. so I head back togo fuck yourself Gino's fuck you around Tires and Towing shopgo fuck yourself and the guy goes "did they fix let" I go "no I need the backing plate" "like Jeep Trills told us" he goes "look man I can carry you for awhile if the job goes much higher" I go "I m going to get Jeep Trills to do it" " he goes well I m into this job for a lot more hours" I say " YOU HAVEN"T FIXED IT, IT WORST THEN WHEN I GOT IT TOWED IN HERE". so he goes inside, the tow truck comes Gino's fuck you around Tires and Towing shop and tows it out to Jeep Trills.

3 days later and a new bill for $670.40 I drive my jeep home.
a Grand total of $1340.40 later

and to the guy that trade me the Jeep go fuck yourself the tires where so fucking out of balance, it's the worst the westwood tire shop has ever seen. don't tell someone you did something when you clearly didn't do it go fuck yourself hope you are enjoying the 4runner