PDA

View Full Version : This might be a dumb question...

Secret Agent Man
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
BUT...

Can I put a dually rear end on my 2wd F150? I have a flatdeck, and horrible traction, My line of thinking is that a dually would give me better traction. Plus being that it is a single cab, I think it would look pretty cool too..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/pantharen/Mazda/DSCN0633.jpg

HILLBILLY
01-20-2008, 06:14 PM
you can get a duelly conversion kit out of the u.s. for your rearend

Punk in Drublic
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
dua;;y dont really help th etraction much. there shitty in the snow too

T.O.
01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Its all about PSI (pounds per square inch) The more square inches you put on the ground (IE: another two tires) the less pounds you put on the ground. This will give you less traction.

So infact adding tires will make your rear end lighter.:dontknow:

Secret Agent Man
01-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Its all about PSI (pounds per square inch) The more square inches you put on the ground (IE: another two tires) the less pounds you put on the ground. This will give you less traction.

hmmmm... I would have figured more area, would mean more traction.... hmmm

jakerngr
01-20-2008, 08:12 PM
put 24" WIDE slicks on it

Nutbar
01-21-2008, 12:06 AM

[iagree]
By adding the duallys you will lower your traction. More surface area means less pounds per square inch that is why in the mud and snow fatter tires get up and float on the top easier.

Tire pressure and rubber compound have much more of an effect on traction

78bronco
01-21-2008, 01:23 AM
mybe try not to push so hard on the that right pedel just a thought

Secret Agent Man
01-21-2008, 06:47 PM
mybe try not to push so hard on the that right pedel just a thought

When the jackass in the Volvo with his 4 ways on is stopped dead in the middle of the road, and I have to stop, then I have zero traction to get going again. However I wont go up the hill on weekend, I hate the idiots when I am working, and wont tolerate them on my days off. go fuck yourself

I am very light on the peddle, I keep the peddle down enough to keep forward motion going.

bakelite
01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Add some weight to your flatdeck, sheet the edges with steel or try to find a steel deck already built? :dontknow:

epic3
01-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I agree with Bakelight add weight that'll help the most
runnin duallys will increase your contact patch giving you more traction in dry pavment conditons but in snow or rain it will hinder you more

ray
01-23-2008, 02:55 AM
dua;;y dont really help th etraction much. there shitty in the snow too

agreed just buy some decent tires

Secret Agent Man
01-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Add some weight to your flatdeck, sheet the edges with steel or try to find a steel deck already built? :dontknow:

ayap, already have the weight. Friends at KalTire gave me this for the deck.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/pantharen/Mazda/DSCN0640.jpg

350lbs of tire. I think I'm going to pickup a replacement box from Pick-a-part in Chilliwack, they're only $125. The deck was only suppose to be temporary, until I could weld together my new deck, but I have since lost access to a welder.. I traded my air-shocks for all the steel I needed to made a good deck.

Punk in Drublic
01-26-2008, 03:57 PM
i might have a box for ya, great shape. if i cant get the whole truck sold, ill part with the box

Secret Agent Man
01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
i might have a box for ya, great shape. if i cant get the whole truck sold, ill part with the box

I'll know Monday night if I have my truck sold.. If not, then I'll pull my ads, and just get it running gooder, fix the small issues (like the new broken passenger vent window) Went skiing, and the vent window was broken when I got back to the truck, not broken into, just the vent window spider webbed... :dontknow::dontknow:

I'll also grab that tank off ya :)

blacker_69
01-27-2008, 09:18 PM
locker = traction.

01-27-2008, 09:33 PM
locker = traction.

2wd + locker + snow = leave it at home

Secret Agent Man
02-02-2008, 11:07 AM

Hey.. Do you still have the box??

Punk in Drublic
02-02-2008, 12:28 PM
i got it sold, just waitin for the snow to leave so i can tow it out my back yard. if somthin falls through ill pm ya

Secret Agent Man
02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
i got it sold, just waitin for the snow to leave so i can tow it out my back yard. if somthin falls through ill pm ya

okie dokie...

It was snowing again here in North Van this morning.... Man I am tired of that shit, I wish it would just stay up on the mountains :D I dont mind shoveling it, when I get paid to shovel it...

Punk in Drublic
02-03-2008, 10:25 AM
:s30x: ive had like a half foot of slop all winter

Secret Agent Man
02-03-2008, 12:08 PM
:s30x: ive had like a half foot of slop all winter

I want it to go back to a normal LML winter. snow 1 day, melted by the next, 15c by mid Feb. and Water sports by March.

Punk in Drublic
02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
ill be in Lac LA Hache in march, goodbye lowermainland/traffic/noise/pollution/shit weather/shitty raghead/asian/soccermom drivers.