PDA

View Full Version : Boggers on the trails

Legend
01-19-2008, 07:15 PM
well i plan to order some tires by the end of the week and im leaning towards a 37 inch bogger. My question is for all the bogger owners who run trails, do u find u have a problem with lateral traction, do u find ur self sliding sideways where a tsl or irok or what ever does not have a problem???? would some siping help this out???

If u had to pick would you buy boggers again or would you get somthing different and for what reason, This being said to i dont care about how they react on pavement or how quick they wear out

[cheers] thanks

FINGERS
01-19-2008, 08:11 PM
BOGGERS BABY

and yup i might buy a set fer the cruzer!:D[cheers]

SquirreL-E
01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
BOGGERS BABY

I bought a set of 38.5's for mine, and i wouldnt use anything but :)

hoser
01-19-2008, 09:03 PM
im runnin boggers right now..my only complaint is im all over the fuckin place in the snow..think i might try something different for my next tires[cheers]

SquirreL-E
01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
im runnin boggers right now..my only complaint is im all over the fuckin place in the snow..think i might try something different for my next tires[cheers]

air them down some more, you'll be fine....:party0010:

hoser
01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
air them down some more, you'll be fine....:party0010:

already runnin at about 6psi

Legend
01-19-2008, 11:19 PM
hey squirrel e are you locked at all and what gears

StinkFinger
01-20-2008, 12:47 AM
cutting them makes a big difference i think its almost a necessity

HEAVY METAL
01-20-2008, 07:19 AM
one thing the boggers like is wheel speed. i like to do muddy trails. but you ahve to be ablke too clean them ie before you head into another muddy, slippery section a quick pedal rap is neede too clean out the lugs....if ya cant spin em.. dont buy em you wont be happy...

RIFF RAFF
01-20-2008, 07:31 AM
i once heard from an old rock climber that he liked the boggers because they acted like a ladder climbing up the rock. this is from somebody that i respect and who is also very knowledgeable.

he would use nothing else but a bogger[36]

Vanilla Gorilla
01-20-2008, 09:06 AM
iroks all the way

Apathy
01-20-2008, 09:41 AM
ce heard from an old rock climber that he liked the boggers because they acted like a ladder climbing up the rock. this is from somebody that i respect and who is also very knowledgeable.

he would use nothing else but a bogger[36]

No offence mandy, but that i would have to say your friend is the only one that i've ever heard they liked boggers on rocks.

the "problem" with boggers on the rocks, is that there is alwasy a time where there is a "void" between the paddles. When you get a bogger in teh rocks, listen for the "thwap, thwap" as it skips over the void.

Boggers are good for this climate overall. But personnally up here i'd run boggers in the back, swapers up front.[cheers]

yoda thrills
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
y dont u try somthin else like pit bull rocker or sumthin chunks
dick cepek.....

boyzen
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
boggers have great lateral traction compared to a swamper,swampers in snow and mud slide too easy sideways

Always broke
01-20-2008, 01:47 PM
boggers have great lateral traction compared to a swamper,swampers in snow and mud slide too easy sidewaysSorry to disagree but i have found the exact opposite ?????:dontknow:

F150HULK
01-20-2008, 02:29 PM
BOGGERS BABY

and yup i might buy a set fer the Jeep!:D[cheers]

Secret Agent Man
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Do you guys swap out your boggers when running on blacktop? Or do you just say fcuk it, and run em regardless...

SquirreL-E
01-20-2008, 04:28 PM
i run em on the streets, :)

dirka dave
01-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Two words... Goodyear MTR...[36] [36]

Lucas
01-20-2008, 08:25 PM
id run a ltb/tsl/irok/pitbull before a bogger i had a set,good for mud no side hill traction,you always get a square one so if you drive on the street they are horrible and a 37" bogger had the worst tread depth.........its like buyin a wore out tire

BOGGERS SUCK

ROBO
01-20-2008, 08:29 PM
how about swamper sx? just got a set and anyone else runnin them? my experiance wiht boggers.... great tire for off road suck on the pave.. and a lot of side slipping on hill climbs but over all id use them again .. but i thought this time id try swamper sx

PowerStroke
01-21-2008, 12:16 PM
bike tires.

Apathy
01-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Sorry to disagree but i have found the exact opposite ?????:dontknow:

this is what i would have to say as well.. Although i have never run boggers, this seems to be the general concensus

Kinslayer
01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't buy MTRs. Interco tires are heavier for a reason - they are stronger. Boggers are good in bogs. There have been numerous tests that have proven that they are easily the best DOT legal MUD tire.(Petersons 4Wheel and Offroad) Those same tests have proven that they are one of the worst tires for rock climbing - this test in particular tested ten tires, they ran a course through the mud to see how far the truck would get (identical truck, they just swapped tires), then as it drove back to get the new set of tires put on they would go over this little rockface climb.. the boggers could barely make it to the top. Interestingly enough, the Mickey Thompson Baja Claws did the best on that rockface..

Personally I love the TSL design, be it called a 'TSL', 'TSL/SX' 'LTB' or 'Truxxus MT'.. it would take a lot of convincing to get me away from that pattern/carcass for an offroad vehicle.

That being said, an IROK is a tire that is favored by a lot of people too, even though the tread depth is less and it's a softer compound..

Oh, and Squirrel, correct me if i'm just being ignorant but I haven't seen any posts of you running any trails with your boggers, just breaking your truck in mud holes up stave..:dontknow:

Legend
01-21-2008, 06:23 PM
thanks for the input everyone Im pretty sure im going with an irok

coreyg8
01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Bogggerrrrssss[36]

boyzen
01-21-2008, 08:46 PM
i have had alot of diffrent tires in the 20 years of wheeling and the best lateral traction in snow and mud has been the bogger with out a dought I would bet money on it.at least where I wheel .

Redneck Lincoln
01-21-2008, 08:50 PM
BOGGERS!!!!!! or MTR's im runnin mtrs now probably one of the best all around tire.

dirka dave
01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
BOGGERS!!!!!! or MTR's im runnin mtrs now probably one of the best all around tire.
[iagree] [34] I'am on my 4th set of MTR's.... Best tire out there for wet coast wheelin'..[cheers]

Kinslayer
01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
[iagree] [34] I'am on my 4th set of MTR's.... Best tire out there for wet coast wheelin'..[cheers]

I dunno, I rolled MTRs when I first got my heep and all I could think about was getting them the hell off my truck...

epic3
01-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I had mtr's once and loved em only rteson why I've never ran em since is I've never found em for a good price again and I'm cheap

Kinslayer
01-22-2008, 12:02 AM
I had mtr's once and loved em only rteson why I've never ran em since is I've never found em for a good price again and I'm cheap

And your truck is as mobile as my blazer is..[f]

epic3
01-22-2008, 12:10 AM
And your truck is as mobile as my blazer is..[f]

The scouts not the only truck I've had;)

B
01-22-2008, 08:16 AM
I dunno, I rolled MTRs when I first got my heep and all I could think about was getting them the hell off my truck...

there a great street tire ...

thats all i got :D