PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

kyle_94
01-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey i have a 94 f 150 and it has problems starting and i have replaced the ignition module and it still does it, it will start but when i go somewhere i shut it off and it sometimes wont start, it just turns over but no go. I think it might be something to do with the fuel injection because me and my friend pulled the wire off one of the injectors and looked to see if it had power with a test light and something clicked then it started after that. we tried to replace a relay but it still didnt fix it got any ideas????:dontknow:

Honky
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
here i thought this was a drama post :D

sorry I have nothing to ad to help ya

nbrowser
01-16-2008, 10:58 PM
lol Honky.....

Kyle, check things like the fuel pressure, might have a pump goin bad, that or the module you got might have been a dud who knows....but I"d recommend a fuel pressure check with a gauge.....and start from there.

kyle_94
01-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah we have checked the fuel pressure and everything but it all seems to be good. But someone at my work said to check grounds on all the ignition so im goin to give that a try and see what happens.

radman
01-19-2008, 06:01 PM
check the small ground wire(s) that come off the neg. battery connection, i beleve one is for the fuel pump and being near the battery they tend to corrode quickly

Deathtrap
01-19-2008, 09:52 PM
You might have a bad coil. My bronco was doin the same thing for a while, drive somewhere, shut it off wont start again, or would miss really bad. Well the coil went and the modual at the same time.