PDA

View Full Version : V twin OBA compressor pics???

Kingblazer84
01-16-2008, 07:49 PM
hey guys im just trying to get an idea for my MOPAR vtwin OBA compressor to bolt up to my SBC does anyone here have one in there rig and or pics of how the mounts are built??

Cheers

Nick [36]

pumpkin
01-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Yup I have one[36] , Can't wait to give it a go. I'll try and post some pics tonight.

Kingblazer84
01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
ya try to post some pics dude

mUD uCKeR
01-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Woah, i just answered a similar question on pirate... you aren't the same guy are ya...??!?

Anyways, i have one bolted on mine. Just rember you have to get the oiling port closed up... and make sure you yank the thermostate out of the one port, or it won't work very well either.
If you have any other questions... feel free to PM me... the other fella wanted some pictures of how i mounted mine... i have been draggin my butt to get the pictures for him, but, i guess i should get on that.

Mine pumps air really well.. i can run a 1/2 gun off it... and basically anything else i need to do.
Just make sure you close the oiling port inside the case, unfortunetly you have to disassemble the whole thing to do that. IF you don't do it..., you will constantly suck all the oil out of the case and probably fry it eventually... plus, the oil gets into your tires, and sprays all over the place when you use it. I tried a seperator... but it was too much oil for me.
The tempature sensor almost looks like a check valve in one of the ports... just grab it with some vice grips and rip it out... It's actually a temperature thermostate that controls the freon flow for in a air compressor... if you leave it in there, then as soon as the compressor warms up a little bit... which it will, and is normal... you loose all your air volume... and it pumps next to nothing.

78bronco
01-21-2008, 01:35 AM
you got pics of that insatall and how to plug the oil ports?

Taxidermy
01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
pics ?????

boyzen
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I useed 1 for probally 10 years and never blocked the oil ports but did rip the thermo couple out I have nere filled it with oil and dont lose any in the tank.

Kingblazer84
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
ya i tore out the thermo out both of em i have 2 sitting at home haha and ya i asked the same question on pirate haha

pumpkin
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
I think I got pics now.