PDA

View Full Version : saw this in whistler....

atoyot
01-14-2008, 05:58 PM
they use it to take people to the snowmobile tours

made by grizzly??

cat diesel power for the engine thaught kinda cool...
looks like a old m37 thingy or a modded extra large landcruiser

looked like it seated 8 -12 or so with big axles it was kinda neat....

MikeWild
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM
A friend of mine works on the orginal builder's Widow's yellow Grizzly in this pic (sorry, that's all I have of it)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mikewild/Picture1004.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mikewild/Picture1002.jpg

Grizzly trucks were locally made in New Westminster in the early 90's. The guy who built them originally intended them for the forest industry. The truck came with a Cummins heavy truck engine and all mechanical components are designed to be field enterchangeable with logging industry equipment parts and fittings already on site where you are working. Unfortunately, as word has it, the founder wound up offing himself over unfulfilled contracts and debt. There was only a handful ever built as prototypes. Definately cool looking and very tough trucks. The ride leaves something to be desired though.

Check this out:

http://grizzly4x4.com/

epic3
01-14-2008, 06:43 PM
they were made in North Van in the old industria are beside the super store I worked in the yard down there when I was a kid and got to see these beein made very very cool

bobbyboucher69
01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Very cool

longhorn
01-14-2008, 11:46 PM
There was one on Ebay a year or so ago.

killman
01-15-2008, 12:01 AM
I think I herd that he used a bunch of dodge's for running gear then couldn't pay for them for lack of sales or something. There is a couple still around this country,

epic3
01-15-2008, 12:07 AM
I think I herd that he used a bunch of dodge's for running gear then couldn't pay for them for lack of sales or something. There is a couple still around this country,

Yup full dodge frame with the cummins d60 and 70

sbags
01-15-2008, 12:40 AM
That one used to live in Courtney(Vancouver Island) for many years(dark green, curtains in the windows, and leather seats), looked at it many times wanting one. It was for sale then too....

dirka dave
01-15-2008, 08:23 AM
That one used to live in Courtney(Vancouver Island) for many years(dark green, curtains in the windows, and leather seats), looked at it many times wanting one. It was for sale then too....
I'm from the island, I remember that green thing when I was living in Victoria and then again when I was doing my automotive apprenticeship in Comox.:)

sbags
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
And now we are in Maple Ridge(although I am currently in the Yukon!)!! Hoping to get to Courtenay next week.......[36]

Secret Agent Man
01-15-2008, 05:42 PM
He sold about 500 of them to the African government. That was the last shipment that was ever made. There are approximately 20 in Canada.

Trooper
01-15-2008, 06:10 PM
More then 20 in canada, Ainsworth in grandville island has 1, canadian helicopters has 6 they use in the bush. Allot of eco tourist guys use them on WVO so they can pitch thats its good for the environment.

They are just to much of a waste. Thew were throwing out brandnew 3500 bodys out

shawnw
01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
we've got a couple of them still on the island. both green pick-ups, both that have seen their share of abuse. One in Sayward and the other farther up island