PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions?

sobe
01-13-2008, 12:06 PM
O.K. so I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy in the world and I have a few questions about upgrades for my Samurai.

1) What's the best upgrade to the stock headlights? I've seen conversions on e-bay for c4 bulbs with a replacement housing. Anyone try these? Other sugestions?

2) What's the best bang for buck lift? I don't do much mudding, spend most of my time billy goating up in the mountains looking for abandoned mines. I don't think I want to go any larger than a 31" tire.

3) What's the benefit to running 2 t-cases? I've never seen this setup in person and have always been curious about it. Is it possibe to do in a Samurai?

4) Is it better to lock the front or rear diff if I'm using my rig as my daily driver? I drive at least 1000km/week and am worried that if I lock the rear it won't last near as long. Is this correct?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions but this is a good start.

Any input would be appreciated. (as long as it's not some buy a ford shit[16] )

spit.fire.
01-13-2008, 12:32 PM
dual tcase is more for rock crawling as far as i know, locking the front will make you lose alot of steering in 4wd, if you're gonna lock the rear, get a selectable locker or a posi

4Lo
01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I did a Bosch halogen headlight conversion in my 1997 tj years ago. Basically the jeep came with sealed beam headlights. I took those out and replaced with a new headlight that allows for halogen bulbs. The difference in the quality and the quantity of light was like night and day...no pun.

Punk in Drublic
01-17-2008, 04:08 PM
spoa and tires. samis are light as fucke, so tire wear is less of an issue for a dd. maby go ltbs/narrow swawmpers 30-32s. i know guys who dd locked samis but i imagine its not the greatest, go selectable locker if u can afford it.

B
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
hella h4 conversion in stock and what year sami pre 89 or the tracker body one ?

sobe
01-17-2008, 07:39 PM
hella h4 conversion in stock and what year sami pre 89 or the tracker body one ?

It's an '87, bone stock samurai (not tracker/sidekick style). What's the price at for the Hella conversion? I was looking at Roundeyes, seem reasonable for the price.:dontknow:

talen
01-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I have one of those ebay conversions. Not quite as bright as I would have hoped. but I am just useing the bulbs that came with the package.

Some generic bulbs. I suspect a better quality bulb would work a whole lot brighter.

but they bolted right in no problems.

B
01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
It's an '87, bone stock samurai (not tracker/sidekick style). What's the price at for the Hella conversion? I was looking at Roundeyes, seem reasonable for the price.:dontknow:

list is 224 ... i can do 145 taxes in ...[cheers]

sobe
01-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey B are those glass lensed or polycarb? The roundeyes are polycarb and claim to be unbreakable. I think this is a good thing as I seem to be a magnet for rocks.:dontknow: