PDA

View Full Version : s10 tranny cross memeber

s10 broad
01-11-2008, 06:45 PM
ok my s10 has been sas'd and the tranny cross member was just cut in half to clear the front dshaft.. one issue i am haiving is that it chatters real bad everytime i shift dont matter if it from take off or from 2 to 3.... what i am wondering is if the crossmember has anything to do with that .. i have seen some other s10 swap and they all have the crossmember going al the way across... i tihnk the u joint that comes off the tranny could be cooked but i still tihnk that memeber has something to sdo with it... sny advice form the other s10 owners????

SquirreL-E
01-11-2008, 06:52 PM
wait your crossmember is connected to only one side.... HOKAY.... for mine its just bent down to clear the driveshaft and then comes back up to for the tranny mount... and straight accross the rest of the way,

kind looks like a question mark on its side, just not such a large bend...

s10 broad
01-11-2008, 06:53 PM
hmmmmmm

SquirreL-E
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
and i dont know what you mean by chattering, but for my truck it vibrates on acceleration... and the only thing that i can think of is that rear driveshaft :)

zookiguy
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
your chattering wont be from a crossmember. look for something else.

kootenaycat
01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
If the crossmember is only attached to one side of the frame, then the rear output would be bouncing up and down for sure. Could be the "chatter" your talking about. It would be the same as a broken rear motor (trans) mount. Or is it a clutch chatter? Will do it changing gears or starting out.

swollenknuckle
01-11-2008, 10:30 PM
ok my s10 has been sas'd and the tranny cross member was just cut in half

:eek: :eek: :eek:
If the 2 halves are not joineed in any way i woukd deal with that before anything else, could cause some serious damage.
I just made a new one when i sased mine

Chody
01-12-2008, 02:16 AM
yah wow um shouls fix the whole not being connected thing, or ur engin mounts will not like yah, then ut rad hoses will get eatin by fan... trust me i know

B
01-12-2008, 08:08 AM
post pic's as u are not being clear ...... then possibly we can offer a proper opinion ...

s10 broad
01-12-2008, 08:52 AM
well i must have been on glue when i looked at the member cuz it does go all the way across .....:dontknow: but there is some vibration on take off... i know it aint in the clutch cuz that was done like 2000 kms ago ... and it was fine before the sas so something just aint right .. i dunno if the locker would have anything to do with that ?? i tihnk i will change that front u joint and see if that makes a difference.. it is easy enough and cheap enough....if that dont work then i will be back

s10 broad
01-13-2008, 04:28 PM
yeah i know fucking newbie[cheers]