PDA

View Full Version : input needed

jackedup
01-09-2008, 01:23 AM
i am wanting to import a truck from the states and i was wondering if anyone here has done that.... and if its a big hassle getting it across the line and all the regestering stuff..... and if its a hassle is it worth importing the truck in to canada
thanks shawn[cheers]

DConversionSuperv
01-09-2008, 09:47 AM
I found this on another site, maybe it can help you with some of your questions about importing a vehicle from the U.S.

http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html#before

mullet1976
01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
depends what kinda condition the truck is in really, if its stock and in good shape then its not a big deal, if its lifted you get raped on the inspections.
just follow the riv forms and its pretty easy but you gotta pay pst and gst on it aswell

Cookie
01-10-2008, 10:49 AM
i took my nanas car from cali to hear with my gramps years ago. we flew him home and had all the bullshit done here in canada instead of down there. so if you can get brought here by a us citizen then its half the pain of inpecting and shit.

dirka dave
01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
i took my nanas car from cali to hear with my gramps years ago. we flew him home and had all the bullshit done here in canada instead of down there. so if you can get brought here by a us citizen then its half the pain of inpecting and shit.
It still needs to be inspected, Just did one last summer for a buddy who brought a 1960 landrover over from England.

NickB
01-10-2008, 03:31 PM
You need to get a broker. They will take care of all the border hassles, then it needs a provincial inspection and a Government inspection.

jackedup
01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
well i was at my parents friends house in bellingham and i found a fj 55 and its in decent condish and ive looked on craigs list and buysell all over canada and havent found one and the guy was $2500 and sence the dollars is almost at par it seems like a good deal but yea thansk for all the info

sobe
01-11-2008, 08:40 AM
My wife is a certified customs broker. If you decide you want to go ahead with this let me know. I'm sure she'd do all the customs crap for you for a fraction of the price you'd pay at an actual brokerage office. She's in the process of helping one of her co-workers right now. He's importing a 07 Escalade.