PDA

View Full Version : Stuck, broke, and towed but made new friends

Newfie
01-07-2008, 12:01 AM
So I don't really know where to start but now I know how real FIBC crowd helps each other out.

Me and 2 other trucks of friends headed up to stave to try my friends new ranger. When we got there we found the water was really down so we started working are way out on to the sand flats. After a bit we stopped to look around than started to turn around when the 90s ranger dropped into a real bad hole. I tried to get over to him and got stuck in another hole. Than my other Friend in a 93 ranger try to get to me and got stuck.[16] So we did a human winch and got the 93 ranger out.

Than he worked his way over to the 90s ranger. At this time rockrawler showed up and offered to get my truck out cause that was as close as he could get with the all-season tire he had on. So he winched me out than I pulled the 93 ranger out cause it was stuck again and we started working on the 90s ranger. than NVR2HI Showed up and try to help (Thank you) but got stuck and had to be winched. So we gave up an winched the 90 ranger sideways across a stump and had to almost out when rockrawler started to overheat and we stopped for a bit to let it cool down. Than back to winching and the jeep started to make a real bad banging. we shut it down and found that the harmonic balancer outer ring had started to walk off the crank from all the stain of the alt and was hitting the fan.

So the ranger was close so I finished the pull and started to head back when the harmonic balancer gave out so rockawler had to drive with no belt and the lights turned off to get it to the road with me in front and my friend with the good lights behind him. we got it to the road and I took rockrawler wife (Super bitch no really thats her nickname) To call a tow truck and she also called thatshott101 (thank you) to help pack the family home. So rock had to stay in the jeep on the flatdeck I took his wife:D My bud took there friend and thatshott101 took the little baby and we pack the whole family back to there home in poco. I can't stress enough how thankful I am for your help and hope what I did was the enough of a thank you.

P.S. both cameras in my group died before any pics could be taken but maybe rockrawler may have some.

rockrawler
01-07-2008, 01:02 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff317/4x4momma/stavejan6th035.jpg

rockrawler
01-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Here's a pic of the bunch that were stuck

thatshott101
01-07-2008, 01:05 AM
ha ha sweet pics!! i have some from when i got there at the end when the jeep was being loaded and thank you for helping rob and michelle out!! not alot of people stick around like that props to you!!!!!!!!! will post my pics tommorow

Super Bitch
01-07-2008, 02:15 AM
What goes around comes around!!! Sure glad I didnt throw Teagan in the river the night before!!! Jason and friends you did more than enough!!! Too bad you never came in for a hot chocolate...I even topped them with whipcream...

thatshott101
01-07-2008, 10:24 AM
thanks michelle for the hot chocolate needed that b4 we droped your cousin off at the ferry lets jsut say travis and i and barb suck at directions

RIFF RAFF
01-07-2008, 11:20 AM
it was'nt mordoug it was reece NVR2HI .[cheers]

and the guy in the jeep had a pimpin set up[36]

Newfie
01-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Thank you RIFF RAFF[cheers] , ya he started with ways to get OUT instead of making it big to get IN[freak] lol sorry had to get back home and get ready for work maybe next time SB:D

Super Bitch
01-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Woohoo Jeeps fixed....rockrawler spent 1.5 hours and it all good... part came out of the old cherokee it saved me 100.00 woohoo.....

rockrawler
01-07-2008, 11:04 PM
here's the broken part......
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff317/4x4momma/DSC01506.jpg

nbrowser
01-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Nice job Rob !

Newfie
01-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Good thing it didn't come off with the motor at any high revs, I've seen the damage that can do.