PDA

View Full Version : 2001+ Rodeos: Opinions Please

arjan
01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I am looking for something for my wife to burn around in, and noticed they are quite affordable.
Before I bought the '97 4Runner, I test drove an 1999 V6 Rodeo with a 5spd and I remember it was quite quick.
I now read on the web that there seem to be quite a few problems with timing belts going on 1999's and taking out the valves. Not something I would like to experience, and I was wondering if the newer ones still suffer from that.

For myself I didn't like the rear door setup, 2 piece hatch (1 up, 1 sideways I think) and a tire carrier. I need to be in there quite a few times a day since I use my vehicle for work. That's why I choose the 4Runner, the rear hatch is ideal and I stand dry while looking for something.

My wife needs a family hauler and won't use the back as much, so it's not such a big deal.
I am also thinking about station wagons, with the current fuel price predictions for the summer ($1.30).

What do you guys think about the Rodeos?

Trooper
01-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Why get a corolla wagon? One of the most reliable cars ever built.

factor
01-06-2008, 10:48 AM
they are gay

arjan
01-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Want something fun to drive, she has an 03 jetta wolfsburg now (1.8T, 180HP). I was thinking towards a turn of the century audi a6 or 03 or so Passat wagon.
She doesn't mind the looks of the rodeo (neither do I), and they are fairly cheap nowadays.
I don't really want anything older then 1999 for her.

Trooperhaven
02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
If your going to get an isuzu you gotta no how to keep the peice of shit running top notch. or else its going to be living in a shop... trust me

NumbNucks
10-28-2009, 05:02 PM
If your going to get an isuzu you gotta no how to keep the peice of shit running top notch. or else its going to be living in a shop... trust me

This isn't true at all.

My grandmother has a '99 and she drives it all day everyday and the only thing wrong with it is the unit that tells the gas guage how much fuel you have left (and it's a common problem). She doesn't take very good care of it at all. Never takes it in for service, only does oil changes when she thinks about it (once or twice a year) and it has never left her stranded.

IMHO It would be a good grocery getter for your wife, as they are reliable, and they are fairly cheap gas wise.