PDA

View Full Version : Here's my Fronty

baluch
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Haven't been on FIBC for months, but seeing as there's a Nissan section now, I felt obligated to post. It's not huge, but it gets me everywhere I want to go.

A pic after the body lift install, and then after the susp lift and the 33's went on. Haven't done much lately, just the pulley swap on the s/c and replaced the knock sensor to fix my boost problem (HUGE PITA, but well worth it, up to 10psi now).

I know the boat rack ain't pretty, but she's functional - can fit 2 dirt bikes underneath it with the boat on, or drive the quad right underneath.

Now that I don't have the gf dragging me down anymore, I might actually get out and wheel more. :vroam:

fresh
01-04-2008, 02:18 AM
i want that to pull my samurai

Apathy
01-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I had a 2000 short bed. I loved that truck. then the wife totaled it...

baluch
01-04-2008, 01:25 PM
i want that to pull my samurai

It pulls awesome, especially after the pulley swap on the s/c. I load 'er up with a boat, quad, and pull a travel trailer whenever I go camping and it still rips. Not so good on gas though. :eek:

baluch
01-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I had a 2000 short bed. I loved that truck. then the wife totaled it...

As long as she was OK, she'd be spending spending some time in the dog house after that! :fighting0071:

I needed the long box for the payload (quad, firewood, dirtbikes, etc). Never liked the look of the short boxes either, though it would be better for wheeling.

Taxidermy
01-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm interested - Does that 2002 Nissan Frontier truck have a solid front axle or the IFS system?

Cool picture of the mud on the truck - Where were you driving in that picture?

Do you ever go to Postil Swamp?

Apathy
01-04-2008, 10:17 PM
taxi, the frontier truck is IFS.

baluch
01-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm interested - Does that 2002 Nissan Frontier truck have a solid front axle or the IFS system?

Cool picture of the mud on the truck - Where were you driving in that picture?

Do you ever go to Postil Swamp?

Yeah, it's still IFS, but with a 3" body lift and 3" suspension lift. Though I look at my neighbors SAS on his Chev S10 and get some funny ideas... But nothing like that will happen till it's paid for! :D

That pic was taken on the loop past Loon, and Eileen lakes. You enter from Beaver Lake Rd and exit on Aberdeen (or vice versa) - it's a fun little detour.

I went to Postill for a few years (before I had this truck), but stopped going a few years ago when it got to be a huge heatscore with traffic jams and shit. The last year I was there it took me an hour to get out (due to traffic) and the cops were doing roadchecks, and since I like to have a few wobbly pops I decided to start skipping Postill and go straight to the camping and fishing on the May Long. I'll probably show up this year though, so I can meet some of the people from FIBC and play around the edges of the poo pond. It doesn't hurt that I found a way from the Postill chain to the Beaver chain while dirtbiking this year. [36]