PDA

View Full Version : What can I use from my YJ to put in a MJ

Jeep Victim
12-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Thinking about buying a Commanche.What stuff can I use from my YJ to put in the Commanche.I domn't mind having to customize shit.I realize the truck has coils in front,but I don't see that beeing a big problem.Any info here?Just tired of electrical gremlins fuckin with my wheeling time.

Kinslayer
12-20-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd mostly motor stuff, the rears of MJs are sprung under so you might be able to use the leaves or something but.. yeah, not a whole lot of crossover stuff that I can think of.

Roc
12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
welcome home see u soon

B
12-20-2007, 10:09 AM
dude ... just get it properly rewired rather than spending a couple grand to do something else and not get what u want anyway ...

epic3
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
yup wiring aint so bad

then again I do it all day

Mr Vic
12-20-2007, 10:09 PM
you would be better off re-wiring the YJ rather than putting abunch of money into a different jeep as already said.

not sure what your jeep has for parts, but there would not be much parts to make a worthwhile swap. keep the comanche coils up front.. do a long arm lift, the rear you can spring over, or link it if you got the cash. SYE on the 231 and some good driveshafts, lower gears, depends on what axle your YJ has swap the rear axle over and the front axle would give you spare shafts for the d30.