PDA

View Full Version : 08 ram question

Jordman
12-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Hey guys im in the process of picking up a new ram 1500, the sales man was telling me the new hemi engins will automaticaly shut off fuel to 4 cylenders once the truck reaches apx 70kmh, do you guys know if this is true or is he full of it? i know they have something similar in the impalas.

spit.fire.
12-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Hey guys im in the process of picking up a new ram 1500, the sales man was telling me the new hemi engins will automaticaly shut off fuel to 4 cylenders once the truck reaches apx 70kmh, do you guys know if this is true or is he full of it? i know they have something similar in the impalas.
seems like they're putting that in most of the dodges and ya the pickups too, its called mds, and ya it does turn off 2 or 4 cylinders when the power isnt being used, as far as i know you can turn it off though so it doesnt stop them

hrd4mud
12-17-2007, 09:55 AM
My Brother has it on his 06, he gets almost double the milage of my 318, with his Hemi on the highway. Said it takes a second after you push on the gas and they fire back up and away you go, when you need it.