PDA

View Full Version : Died on the way home

justwork
12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Well... I was coming home from the store tonight and my trooper died. Coming to a stop sign and pushed in the clutch, the engine stalls. It's a down hill so I let it coast and pop the clutch, starts up but is running HORRIBLE. Sounds like it's missing and stinks of gas. As soon as I let the idle below 1000 rpm it just stalls. I can start it but it takes a couple times and I have to hold the gas peddle to the floor. Also the defrost/heater fan stopped working about 2 min before the engine trouble.

It's an isuzu trooper (no import or how crappy troopers are please) with a gm 2.8L V6. I'm thinking ignition problem? I just don't know. Guess I'll miss the toy run. Any trouble shooting ideas would help as I'll be walking to the little bitch tomorrow morning and working on the street in the rain.

Thanks,
Chris

epic3
12-15-2007, 08:04 PM
its flooding for some reason

justwork
12-16-2007, 03:40 AM
its flooding for some reason

Would it start if it were flooded with the pedal on the floor? Cause that's the only way it'll start. Even after it starts, if I don't hold the RPM high it will still stall, would that happen if it were flooding? What about the heater fan? You think it might be electrical? Electrical is gay, I hate figuring that garbage out. This is gay, I'm craving a new FJ

toyon35s
12-16-2007, 01:52 PM
check your coil,my cousin had the same problem in his suburban,changed fuel pump,injectors,still no fix,changed the coil,thing runs mint now[cheers]

epic3
12-16-2007, 02:59 PM
the only way to start a flooded engine is by pinning the throttle it clears out the combustion chamber

Trooper
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
IS the check engine light one? I would check your coil and all vaccume lines.

Explorer guy418
12-16-2007, 03:40 PM
trooper.

justwork
12-16-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking there might be a leak in a fuel line. Got it started again but still have to pin the peddle, then I hopped out and was just looking under it (while feathering the gas peddle with me hand) and could see something dripping for under the engine, looked like oil. Stuck my hand in it and it was fuel. So with a leak in a fuel line would this cause a lack of fuel pressure and this be why it runs like puke? Think I'll take it in to get the fuel line repaired, don't like messing with that crap. Guess I'll get it towed somewhere. Any one know a good shop in Vancouver? One that the guy isn't going to charge me out the ass and tell me I need headlight fluid?

Explorer guy418
12-16-2007, 04:58 PM
well as for the headlight fluid... im not even getting into it. all i can say is its a fuel like max it will cost ''u'' to fix it would be like 8 bucks. and thats even buying a few beers.

sobe
12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
My wife would be scared to change a fuel line too...

[16]

justwork
12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
My wife would be scared to change a fuel line too...

You're right, I think I'm just feeling lazy. But where would the best place be to get headlight fluid????? :dontknow:

Well I only work 2 days this week so I'm guessing I'll get around to it. Hope everyone enjoyed the toy run.

justwork
12-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Sooo, fuel lines were all fine. Checked a couple things and noticed that on of the injectors was leaking. Pulled the plugs and they're super fouled. Also had lots of gas in the oil so it was super flooded. So I don't really know why it was so flooded but I'm guessing it was because one of the injectors was leaking. I sent the injector in to be rebuilt, it's part of an aftermarket holley TBI and I couldn't find a new injector. After I get that back I'm thinking it should be ready to go again and I'll be able to make it out to an event soon.

Leithmc
12-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Did the vacuum line come off the map sensor? Would be a box probably on the firewall has a 2 wire plug on top and a vacuum line on the bottom probably.

epic3
12-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Sooo, fuel lines were all fine. Checked a couple things and noticed that on of the injectors was leaking. Pulled the plugs and they're super fouled. Also had lots of gas in the oil so it was super flooded. So I don't really know why it was so flooded but I'm guessing it was because one of the injectors was leaking. I sent the injector in to be rebuilt, it's part of an aftermarket holley TBI and I couldn't find a new injector. After I get that back I'm thinking it should be ready to go again and I'll be able to make it out to an event soon.

Soooooo what did I tell ya :D

justwork
12-22-2007, 07:46 PM
You was VERY right as it was VERY flooded.