PDA

View Full Version : 95 jimmy S15 - IFS , body or suspension lift ?

SuperIanMechanic
12-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Tryin to decide between a 2 inch body lift or a 2 inch suspension lift , heard bad things about the suspension lift ie. cost , wear and tear , simply a reboxed torsion bar adjustment and spring shackle , lol with a fancy sticker ....

Could use some advice ...

Weekend warrior and logging road racer - nothing to fancy , would like to free up some room for larger tires mabey 31x10.5x15 and upgrade the shocks . Have heard some amazing reviews on KYB mono max

Anyone out there in a simillar bind or has experience with these vehicles ?
Would be great to hear from ya :confused0006:

Chody
12-15-2007, 03:59 PM
the susp lift will wear the cv's quickly resulting in very expensive replacement. i have body lift on mine and adjustible shhocks and it works awsome for what yah need

SquirreL-E
12-15-2007, 06:00 PM
OOOOR you could SAS it? just like my S10 [36]

and well, if your keepin the ifs, go susp lift. body lifts just suck [16]

Chody
12-15-2007, 10:34 PM
cheeeeap

Kinslayer
12-18-2007, 12:26 AM
I'd go with the body lift in your case, 2 inches isn't bad, and you wont be tossing it out in a year when you want to cut out the IFS shit.

Larry
12-18-2007, 07:01 AM
body lift 100$ suspension lift much more
for your money id say body lift but it looks hurtin

SuperIanMechanic
12-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Hmmm food for thought thanks guys guess i have a few things to consider , lots of high price options out there ,

s10 broad
12-22-2007, 10:23 PM
i agree with the other s10 guy.. cut the shit out and solid axle it.. well worth every penny put in... i was alwasy reparing my ifs .... and body lifts are gay anyways.. it makes it look um cheap...[36]

ynotrusty
12-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Body lifts look stupid on s10s go with and add a leaf and crank the torsions it's only 2'' it's not going to screw things up that bad. These trucks are crappy on ball joint lifted or not I don't think 2'' will shorten there life any more. Check the ball joints and they are probable shot already.

SuperIanMechanic
12-23-2007, 11:28 AM
i agree , they smoke ball joints no matter what ya do , and body lifts are for 2 wheel drives lol , i think i'll experiment with torsion bar settind and an extra leaf , and save my money for more adventures projects , thanks all

B
12-23-2007, 01:39 PM
if u are a mech u should have no problems reloacating the bumper's up after a body lft the main reason they look so gay on those trucks ... the suspension will ride worse and ware out faster than it does now if u just tweak it .... id leave it alone till ur ready to cut it out ... personally id bolt on the tires u want to run cut the body to clear ... if u can't get enought go with the body lift to finish it off .. keep the cog as low as possibly the handling as stock as possible and then u will be able to drive the shit out of it
with out wierd handling issues that tend to come up with the garbage stock suspension ...

that would be my bang for buck allturnative in ur situation

[cheers]

B ...

ynotrusty
12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Bumper location is one thing that can be fixed. But the frame looks like crap when it hangs that low below the frame with a body lift. I have lifted two trucks with the add a leaf and never had any handling problems.

B
12-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Bumper location is one thing that can be fixed. But the frame looks like crap when it hangs that low below the frame with a body lift. I have lifted two trucks with the add a leaf and never had any handling problems.

was not refering to the rears setup only to the ifs and torsion .. personally id shacle flip the rear before a add a leaf but to each there own ...

SuperIanMechanic
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
wow not sure what to do now , lol ..... well body lift is cheap lol , really all i want is a little more room for tires , everyone i have talked to said there is no way u can run a 31 " without rubbing or binding , hmmmm , as for shocks looking for something that won't fade after 20 minutes in the bush , still not keen on playing with the ifs front end , concerned about wear and the fact the bars just hammer even over speed bumps lol ... not the best truck for the bush .... but not a bad logging road racer

Troy
12-31-2007, 01:01 AM
those little shitpiles have the spring-under-axle, an add a leaf would lower it...

31'' can be fitted with a 3 inch body lift, they rub on the front swaybars, other than that, no real problems. Or just sawzall the fenders, less work

HEAVY METAL
12-31-2007, 01:29 AM
buy a dif truck..

if ur " fsr racin" please post when ya do so i wont be on the roads ya dumbass... fsr racing???????????

SuperIanMechanic
12-31-2007, 11:01 AM
lol , great thanks for the heads up , not sure about cutting though , hmmm mabey i'll buy an older full size blazer or jimmy for the bush ......