PDA

View Full Version : High Rim Trail

girlcrazy_4
12-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Aynyone on here Familiar of the High Rim Trail in Kelowna?

First time doing this trail. Started by going up postil, to the Beta Trail to James lake. We left after a hour or so than went down The High Rim and came out on Scotty Creek. Group of us went out for something to do. Sorry, Too dark for any pictures to show up.

lincoln locked
12-10-2007, 10:08 AM
you mean you walked it right :confused0006:high rim trail is a foot path only and glad you had a good time [cheers]

kootenaycat
12-10-2007, 10:50 PM
you mean you walked it right :confused0006:high rim trail is a foot path only and glad you had a good time [cheers]

A buddy from Kelowna took me on part of that trail a few years ago, on quads that is. Can't remember how much of it we rode, but not a lot.

girlcrazy_4
12-11-2007, 12:09 AM

I dont think you're right on this one. The trail looks freshly new. Logging machinery, Big yellow signs with radio frequencys etc. Anyways, it was marked at two spots. Top and bottom of the trail.

lincoln locked
12-11-2007, 08:42 AM
sounds interesting, i know we cross it a couple of times and there are sings marking the trail ,but i have never driven it , came across people walking it and im sure thay wouldn't be to happy meeting up with a couple of trucks on the trail if you know what i mean , but if thay are logging it by all means [36]

lincoln locked
12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
A buddy from Kelowna took me on part of that trail a few years ago, on quads that is. Can't remember how much of it we rode, but not a lot.

ya its a little tight for trucks and for the most part i don't think it gets used. but it is mapped out and i see cars parked where the high rim crosses postill fsr nice area [cheers]

4-Trax
12-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Aynyone on here Familiar of the High Rim Trail in Kelowna?

First time doing this trail. Started by going up postil, to the Beta Trail to James lake. We left after a hour or so than went down The High Rim and came out on Scotty Creek. Group of us went out for something to do. Sorry, Too dark for any pictures to show up.

So, you drove up to Bata Forestry Road, followed it, crossed the 2 creeks, and ended up at James Lake Forestry Service Road.
Then which way did you go? North?

MUD CHILD
12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
So, you drove up to Bata Forestry Road, followed it, crossed the 2 creeks, and ended up at James Lake Forestry Service Road.

That sounds like a trick question:D

ford
12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
he sound lost hope he brought bread crumbs

girlcrazy_4
12-12-2007, 06:15 PM

HAHA oh fuck... Beta, crossed the two creeks (no water btw) up to the Forestry Main. I took a right and drove down the main road about 1 or 2 clicks to a side trail. I went down the side trail, and a side trail off that... Welcome to a logging camp. I carried on thru the logging camp and there was these Bright Yellow Signs mention frequencies and shit and a big temporary sign saying HIGH RIM TRAIL... it has been freshly excavated, plowed... dirt everywhere etc. I took the trail all the way to the bottom and it brought me out at scotty creek rd. BIG steel gate, padlocked... Here is my Kindergarten drawing... Argue all you'd like, but I'm 100% positive that If I went thru the gate at the end of old vernon, the trail would bring me to James Lake.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Impulse_rs/jameslake.jpg

Edit: Just found this map, Anyone want to desypher this? Looks pretty close to my drawing ;)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Impulse_rs/jameslake3.jpg

kootenaycat
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Yah, it looks EXACTLY like your drawing! [15] [15] [15] :confused0006:

4-Trax
12-13-2007, 01:10 AM
HAHA oh fuck... Beta, crossed the two creeks (no water btw) up to the Forestry Main. I took a right and drove down the main road about 1 or 2 clicks to a side trail. I went down the side trail, and a side trail off that... Welcome to a logging camp. I carried on thru the logging camp and there was these Bright Yellow Signs mention frequencies and shit and a big temporary sign saying HIGH RIM TRAIL... it has been freshly excavated, plowed... dirt everywhere etc. I took the trail all the way to the bottom and it brought me out at scotty creek rd. BIG steel gate, padlocked... Here is my Kindergarten drawing... Argue all you'd like, but I'm 100% positive that If I went thru the gate at the end of old vernon, the trail would bring me to James Lake.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Impulse_rs/jameslake.jpg

Edit: Just found this map, Anyone want to desypher this? Looks pretty close to my drawing ;)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/Impulse_rs/jameslake3.jpg

I won't argue, as you are dead right!

There was a trail in there, but it was overgrown and not used for years. I quadded down there last spring and ended up turning around because the trail was overgrown with trees and it would of been a day of bushwacking and chain sawing.
In the early fall, it appeared as if a cat and de-limber were hauled in, and they started work in there, but what they were doing was clear as mud.
I don't know what it was all about, so your guess is as good as mine.
It's amazing how far you got(all the way to the locked gate) so there must be plans for a new road for logging or something in there.
My Backroad Mapbook does show the High Rim Trail cutting across just about every road in that area, but it is only a walking trail for the most part, and you couldn't have been on it, but crossed it for sure.
It will be interesting to see in Spring, what they are doing in there!

Rx7_Rudy
12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
You can't drive the high rim trail in a truck. It is very tight and i had troubles fitting my quad through some parts. The beaver lake end is pretty mild heading north after the first climb. If you cut onto the high rim off of the beta fsr to the north is somewhat doable in a truck.

4linkfota
12-16-2007, 11:24 AM
just go up goudie to the cattle guard and youll see the sign.you can go north or south from there.hard to get a truck through...can hardly get a horse through some spots.internet has some good maps.