PDA

View Full Version : Regulator on a 22r

TWOZEROFOUR
12-05-2007, 12:28 AM
any one have experince with external regulator for the alternator? on the toy run the majority of my wiring got wrapped up on the rag joint on my steering shaft, ripping it all out. i reconnected it all properly, then my truck started having charging issues. the alt. was putting out 4 volts.. so i replaced that. re-charged the battery. fired it up and it ran fine..... i was checking all my connections when i noticed the external regulator was getting real warm,,,, then the new alt. went up in smoke go fuck yourself

so i guess, the regulator is toast wich allowed the alt. to over charge?

also the wiring in my ride is a huge mess of 2 harneses from the guy who owned it 4 years ago,, i think the time has come for me to make a hole new harness for the truck,,, any ideas where to get some good diagrams... instead of the hard to follow ones in the haynes manual..

either way,, sorry for wasting your time with this long post,,, i hate electrical shit and im pissed off..

im gonna get another regulator to morrow,, but im scared to hook up another alt. in case it burns as well...

go fuck yourself Wires

bakelite
12-05-2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~twopapa/bigalt.htm :dontknow: Lots of info on Pirate too.

Toyquad
12-05-2007, 08:53 AM
swap a chev one wire alt in, or get a new toy alt... off say a 87 22re, it has internal regualtor......... theres 5 wires to hook up.