PDA

View Full Version : rear brakes

Toyquad
12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
what would cause rear brakes to "stick" on. Doesnt happen all the time, but usualy after a hard brake app. or first thing in the morning. Its more like they are VERY slow to release then anything, cause after a few seconds they are released. e brake is fully released. brakes were about 80% 3 months ago. Rear wheel bearings are good. Master was replaced 4 months ago.

Im unsure to what wheel is causing it. after driving it, i felt the axles and front hubs, neither were unusaly warm.
any ideas?

nbrowser
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Ah could be what my DD car suffers from when it rains or snows, get some moisture in the drums and they are horrible for a few brake applications then it just goes away, I got sick of it and changed the shoes to pure organic rather than the metallic type ones I had in it....solved most of it.

TWOZEROFOUR
12-03-2007, 01:10 AM
LSPV?

factor
12-03-2007, 06:38 AM
shitty install?

gavman
12-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Maybe the arm that connects the e-brake line to the drums?
Mine was sticking there for awhile:dontknow:

Toyquad
12-03-2007, 07:46 AM
LSPV?

tell me more on how this could effect the brakes?

its not the e brake..... the arms are fully released, and i dont use it.

NVR2HI
12-03-2007, 08:39 AM
change to disk they work every time

TWOZEROFOUR
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
lspv has nothing to do with the e brake, Load sensing Prorp valve. seprates brake pressure between frnt/rear. if it's fully dissconnected, it will think there is lots of load on the rear axel and put alot more pressure to the rear,, lockin them up.. just go around it, put a adjustable one under the hook right next to the master. and by pass that peice of shit on the frame rail. I can send you a buch of pics of mine, works excellent and got rid of all wheel rear lock,,, enlesss i want it [36]

i flaired a few of my own lines and including the wilwood valve it was like 65$

spit.fire.
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
i have the same problem with my chev, i always thought it was just from moisture because it always happens when i hit a big puddle

Toyquad
12-03-2007, 03:04 PM
shoes were soaked in oil from leaky axle seal. replaced seal, ordered new shoes since no one had them in stock. used 3 bottles of brake clean cleaned shit off. hopefully that takes care of it until the new shoes get here.

Toyquad
12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
lspv has nothing to do with the e brake, Load sensing Prorp valve. seprates brake pressure between frnt/rear. if it's fully dissconnected, it will think there is lots of load on the rear axel and put alot more pressure to the rear,, lockin them up.. just go around it, put a adjustable one under the hook right next to the master. and by pass that peice of shit on the frame rail. I can send you a buch of pics of mine, works excellent and got rid of all wheel rear lock,,, enlesss i want it [36]

i flaired a few of my own lines and including the wilwood valve it was like 65$

i know how the lspv works and that it has nothing to do with the e brake. i was wondering how it would make the rear brakes stick on....

Troy
12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
the hold off valve in the combo valve could be sticking?

shawn_ruley
12-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe the arm that connects the e-brake line to the drums?
Mine was sticking there for awhile:dontknow:

same thing happened to mine-completely jammed with silt:D