PDA

View Full Version : tire question for my jeep

bcwheeler
12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok well I have found out the hard way that BFG 's FUKIN SUCK in the snow!!! I have 2 33 12.50 15 tsl .. that were wore down to the ware bars and have been regrooved I want to put them on the rear and keep the better of my bfg's on the front? I looked up the true sizes and bfg's are true 33 its either 33.7 or 33.4 new von the tsl's if they are worn down could I run them together without killing my T- case?

jeepxj89
12-05-2007, 01:41 PM
wouldnt do it

Kinslayer
12-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Different brands, different diameters... and you are running fulltime so you DEFINITELY don't want to do that, you'll cook your t-case in no time. You could get a part time case...

bakelite
12-05-2007, 03:31 PM
If they are worn down to pretty close to the same diameter I would use them for sure on snow or dirt. Not clean pavemnt unless they were the same. Betcha most sets of tires vary a bit between front and rear once they are worn anyway. The closer the diameter the better of course but off road they should be fine. :dontknow:

Kinslayer
12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
If they are worn down to pretty close to the same diameter I would use them for sure on snow or dirt. Not clean pavemnt unless they were the same. Betcha most sets of tires vary a bit between front and rear once they are worn anyway. The closer the diameter the better of course but off road they should be fine. :dontknow:

Yeah, offroad should be fine, enough slip that it doesn't matter... I guess with a fulltime so long as both axles are turning PRETTY close together it's ok, since it's kind of like an open diff in the tcase.. I just hear about guys with fulltime at aircare on single dynos back in the day blowing up their cases..

Nutbar
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
The viscous coupling (the differential) in the your Tcase DOES NOT like different tire sizes at all we have put in a few tcases in those grands because of ICfuckingBC not willing to replace 4 tires in after an accident and then a couple of months later the viscous blows up in the Tcase and then ICBC is replacing a Tcase and more tires.

Leithmc
12-06-2007, 07:56 AM
33" bfg starts at 32.7" Don't mix em.

England
12-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Nah do it me and Walt will follow yer LOL

barracuda
12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
find some chains for your truck. plenty of online places seem to be selling them for resonable prices so perhaps you can see if a local dist will match price . Nothing is gonna beat chains in the snow and you simply keep them in a bag in the back for when you need them. Also some of the other folks on here have had good luck with sipeing perhaps look into that?

Melvin
12-15-2007, 03:54 PM
i find that the truxus m/t work good in snow and ice. They have quite a bit of siping on them to help with traction. But nothing beats chains on as well.