PDA

View Full Version : f250 heater core

-beaker
11-17-2007, 01:14 PM
The heater in my truck is shooting steam out:dontknow: .... not ideal for the winter months so how hard is it to revive my heater? has anyone replaced a heater core before that can give me some pointers?.

i also busted my outer u joint on my ttb:( and the yoke is fucked to so is it best to get the parts new or from a scrap yard (the axle shaft/ yoke not the u joint)

ryan77
11-17-2007, 01:56 PM
The heater in my truck is shooting steam out:dontknow: .... not ideal for the winter months so how hard is it to revive my heater? has anyone replaced a heater core before that can give me some pointers?.

i also busted my outer u joint on my ttb:( and the yoke is fucked to so is it best to get the parts new or from a scrap yard (the axle shaft/ yoke not the u joint)

just use the steam to keep you warm :party0010:

radman
11-17-2007, 04:22 PM
$60 core, 30-45 min. to change, if it is newer than 1986. open the glove box disconnect the plastic wire on the left(1987-91) push the sides in and tilt the door down and lift the botom out, disconect the cable take the screws out of the cover cover comes out under the dash disconect the hoses and its out. if its 1980-86, its a little harder, it has nuts on the inside and a fiew on the outside, i think, and the box under the hood comes off the fire wall.

-beaker
11-17-2007, 06:20 PM
wow thanks, ill let you guys now how it goes, its a 1990. i didnt expect such a good reply

FU Toolbag
11-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Where are you? I'll have one soon that's getting parted out. If your in kelowna, stop by, we'll chat.

-beaker
11-17-2007, 07:03 PM
im in maple ridge.. to bad, ill be in kelowna next year for school, nice work on those badges im about to attempt to make some for my truck at school.

nbrowser
11-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Ah a heater core in a '90 F series ain't too bad, it's behind the glovebox, part doesn't cost much new. shouldn't take ya more than a couple of hours and beers.....have at 'er and remember to properly bleed the cooling system of air, depending on the engine, it'll be a snap or your running it with the rad cap on half way for a touch.

jeepingpw
11-18-2007, 03:17 PM
'80 to '86 has 2 different systems.
With air, easy, comes out in cab behind glove box.

Non air comes out in engine comp. best is to undo inner wheel well to get at the bottom bolts.

-beaker
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
thanks for the tips guys, ill get started on this tomorrow at school

radman
11-18-2007, 10:16 PM
budy was saying that he drove 30-40 min. with a leaking heater core and felt sicker than his worst hangover. then he felt worse. so in other words change it or bypass it as soon as possable, and drive with the windows down as mutch as you can handle without freezing your fingers off.

-beaker
11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
actually it happened and i duct tapped the vents then i bypassed it and ive been driving without heat for like 3 weeks, its so fucken cold in the mornings i drive with multiple jackets on lol

-beaker
11-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, it really wasnt that hard, hardest part was getting bjs to send me the right heater core. Its so nice having heat again.
I pulled apart the intire passenger side right down to taking off the knuckle. im putting in a new axle shaft and its a real pain in the ass. i should be done by tomorrow