PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Wreckers

nbrowser
11-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Anyone know anything about that Jeep only place in Maple Ridge....might go up tomorrow to find me a sunroof for my XJ...good prices or is Garrys a rip ? Thanks in advance for the input ! And on a side note, where is it up there ? close to ? I am not all too familiar with that area,

duff
11-14-2007, 10:17 PM
he's not so bad, down by the albion ferry, have you tryed jeep thrills yet though?I'd give them a dinggle first

nbrowser
11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
eh it's a factory sunroof glass panel I'm in search of, mine busted on the way up to KOTP the other weekend for some strange reason it just shattered ugh glass EVERYWHERE !

Nutbar
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Send BigB a message tomorow we might have what you need at Jeep Thrills we do some used parts as well.

Tunabomber
11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
garys blows man

he tried to charge me 800 bucks for a dana 30 and a dana 35 [16]

you can barley give them away

heavyhopper
11-15-2007, 07:07 AM
last weekend at pickapart there was 2 xj's with glass sunroofs, most likely the cheapest around

FKN MRK
11-15-2007, 08:32 AM
[cheers] if ya go to Garys bring cash...it will usually at least save ya the taxes. but try the guys at jeap thrills first.

lornix
11-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Definitely check Jeep Thrills and the wreckers first.

I am getting so sick of Gary's friggen high prices for mostly rotted crap. They need some competition really bad. 800 bucks for a D30 / D35 is ridiculous, but typical of their prices. Go there only as a LAST resort. Oh, and they only stay open until 3:00 on a Saturday. The one day of the week most of us can go parts shopping and they close early.

Damn ... Flame on! Not hard to tell I was just at Gary's again. New stretch marks on my butt.[48]

nbrowser
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Well folks, contacted Thrills, no glass, went to Garys nothin, and thanks to a lil bird in my eye namely heavyhopper sayin he saw some at pick a part, I barrelled the XJ out there and scooped up a replacement sunroof, cost me a measily $50, thanks HH the heads up is appreciated, as is the input from the rest of ya, cheers !

Matt
11-16-2007, 08:24 AM
sorry we couldnt help. too many jeeps not enough space to store all the parts. hopefully we can help you out with something else

nbrowser
11-16-2007, 07:18 PM
No probs Matt, just happy to at least have the glass again, now when to find the time to actually install it lol they gotta be put in with kid gloves and a light touch on the screwdriver, I don't wanna have sunroof glass #2 shatter cause I was an idiot lol and yes, I will one day make the drive out to Jeep Thrills and take a look around, see what kinda stuff I can get that'll drain my wallet silly (lift kits dancing in my head)