PDA

View Full Version : 22r carb issues...what else is new

yoda thrills
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
yallo, i got an 82 yoda on 36's with a "re-built" motor and tranny apparently, any ways teh carb or sumthin is a royal piece of shit, just 2day going into the rutts on 248th i stepped on the gas nd she fuckin bagged out didnt stall but i duno wtf, when i give it gas it lags for a sec than pick's up the rpm's but if i dont keep my foot on the pedal nd give it more gas it just wants to die, like when i crack the throttle once instead of it revvin up it rev's down, im not an expert with motors n shit but im just learnin so i thot id post this to see what comes bak thanks for the help yall

slacker
11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
sounds like moister in the fuel system .. dump in some methylhydrate (gasline antifreeze) about 2 bucks ? thats what I would try first ..

you may , maybe even have to change the fuel filter , or maybe even pop off the top of the carb , and clean out the float bowl .

yoda thrills
11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
thanks broski....somthin i will do, i WAS told it had carb issues, nd its not the first time this shit's happnd, the fuel filter idea sounds good i do work at a lube shop so that shits free, but im just tryin to figure out my best plan of attack
1.convert to EFI
2.carb rebuild
3.replace carb period

Cookie
11-07-2007, 08:53 PM
hmmm i had the same prob, thought is was shitty lines turned out to be shit from the tank. i was cleaning filters and lines weekly. it sucked

yoda thrills
11-07-2007, 09:20 PM
god damn certainly hope it aint that, i went to king of the pitts on hte weekend nd go the truck coverd in mud so i looked at the air filter nd it didnt seem really dirty but i took it out nd went for a drive nd it eventually sorted out after about 5 min but theres bin prollems b4 i wud put the clutch in nd it wud just purely want ot die nd every time i reved it up it was pure groggy like puttin n shit, so it's somtihng but it just doesnt happen all the time

shawn_ruley
11-13-2007, 09:48 PM
happens to my carb all the time

if I hit a bump just the right way the floats will get banged out of shape so I gotta tear it apart and reset the float tabs, then Im good to go till it happens again:p

yoda thrills
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
shitty, its nothin that crazy, its just old nd dirty

Arnee
11-14-2007, 01:14 AM
john get a rebuild kit for it and once you do that i'll show you a line you run differently and your carb will run on its side.

yoda thrills
11-14-2007, 08:44 AM
tweed tweed, i'll stop by the skool soon ,nd we'll chat about the shit, wut do they run from....?

Arnee
11-14-2007, 04:37 PM
yea yea forsure i'm hopefully bringing my truckin for teh finishing touches with the welder and such. uhh i can't quite remeber i'd have to grab the image off another site

kamloopsyota
11-14-2007, 05:36 PM
it flows into a catch bucket instead..........i'd say rebuild the carb, its not hard to do.

yoda thrills
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
are rebuild kits expensive or wut?

kamloopsyota
11-14-2007, 06:51 PM
depends on what you buy, toyota genuine will be most expensive, rebuild kit for a weber i just did was like under 80 dollars, so thats all new gaskets, excelerator pump, float thing...complete haha

yoda thrills
11-14-2007, 07:22 PM
nice thats not bad i guess, i'll look into it im sure it will sovle the prollems

shawn_ruley
11-22-2007, 11:40 PM
you get that carb sorted out?:dontknow:

yoda thrills
11-22-2007, 11:56 PM
meh....i need a rebuild but im tryin to srot out a screw thats was fucked with , lots of trial and error