PDA

View Full Version : Can I use an EFI gas tank?

sbags
10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
My Toy has the 22R carbed motor, can I use a gas tank for a EFI motor? Do I put in my sending unit or do I remove the eccentric from my mechanical pump and use the EFI pump and sending unit? Thanks!

Big_Ern
10-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes the tank will work, but ou must eliminated the EFI in tank fuel pump. They put out waaaay too much pressure for the carb to deal with.

sbags
10-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Yes the tank will work, but ou must eliminated the EFI in tank fuel pump. They put out waaaay too much pressure for the carb to deal with.

Thanks!! My mechanical pump is in decent shape....[cheers]

Big_Ern
10-29-2007, 09:58 PM
SInce the EFI pump is integrated onto the lines in the tank, you might need to extend them a bit to reach the bottom when you take the efi pump off. Probably put some sort of sock/filter on the end of the line too.

sbags
10-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Wool or cotton sock?!!:D Thanks Big E!!

shawn_ruley
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM

[stupid]

Toyquad
10-30-2007, 01:59 AM
leave the pump in there. it will work with it in. trust me. thats how my 4 runner is , and my 87 pick up was before i put a 22re back in. all i did was unplug the efi fuse. no fuel pump and no check engine light on all the time. just leave the fuel pump plug unplugged ( duh! you probably dont have any wires for it at your gas tank anyway)