PDA

View Full Version : best shocks for light trucks

bustamove
10-28-2007, 09:39 PM
yah i got a lifted suzuki sidekick, 3inch calmini, but i think the shocks are gone or going in the back, but it doesn't bounce, but when i hit any FSR with pot holes holy shit it feels like the truck is going to fall apart, there is almost no give in them.. that being said i can also feel every asphalt joint on the road too. there supper stiff long story short, what would be a good shock for something as light as a sidekick

jakerngr
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
rs 9000x adjustable are by far the best choice

MUD CHILD
10-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I have heard from a few people that the springs that calmini gives you in the 3" suspension lift are to stiff, I am finally putting mine in this week so I'll let you know

MetalMan
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
That'll be the springs, not the shocks. Shocks just dampen spring action, to keep you from doing like a trampoline.

shockless
10-29-2007, 12:35 AM
ome or i think either trail gear, trail tough or marlin makes some

bustamove
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
That'll be the springs, not the shocks. Shocks just dampen spring action, to keep you from doing like a trampoline.

that is what i always though too, the other thing too is if i jack up from the frame the rear axle drops like maybe 1/2 inch at best. so there is defiantly no down travel. maybe my best bet is to get longer shocks, but then i run the risk of havening the coils pop out.