PDA

View Full Version : Factory accessorry wiring

Caribourob
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Anyone know what the two EMPTY relay slots beside the main fuse block are for?:confused0006: I have a 2000 F250 Super-Duty. Apparantley most Fords (Explorers, F-series, vans, etc) are prewired for accessories like for an electric brake controller it is hard wired under the dash and al the way through the frame to the rear (7-pin)[36] . I just had to wire up the controller under the dash with a $10 dollar plug from Can tire and plug a 7 pin connector in at the rear, all the tailights, signals, etc are already hooked up and on relays to boot.[36] There's also 4 wires that originate under the dash, near the center and are factory wired through the firewall to beside the main fuse block, just a clean way to get through the firewall.[36] Ford actually has a site detailing most of this (ford body builders) but I can't get specifics on these relay slots. I THINK they are for the battery charge to the trailer and the back up circuit to the trailer (Factory, pre-wired). Guess I'll try to figure it out this weekend.:confused0006: :confused0006:

Caribourob
10-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok, so it WAS what I thought. (In case ANYONE gives a fuck)