PDA

View Full Version : Alloy axles for a Dana 30

Jeep Victim
10-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Has anyone done this? I want to keep my 30 as it has been regeared,locked and added a posi cable lock to it in the last 6 months.I want to upgrade the axles so I can run a set of Boggers or Iroks.What are the axles worth and how much punishment can a Dana 30 front end take?I'm not going to go much bigger than the rubber I have on it now(35's).Any help would be appreciated.If you can give me some good info and prices,I'll get em from you!

Nutbar
10-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Cut your losses now and do not spend any more money on the 30. It is not and will never be even a reasonably strong diff, I don't care what you buy for parts for it the hole assembly is to small, they have only a 7in ring gear toothpick sized 27 spline axles and housing tubes that bend if you breath on them to hard.

As I like to tell people that want to spend money on the 30s and 35s "It's like polishing a turd, might be shiney when your done but it's still a turd"

I have blown up D30s with 30 in tires on em, I have a shelf full of blown 30 ring and pinions.

B
10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
at mcc we put brand new superior axles in a cher buggie we sponser he broke the outer and twisted the spines on the inner they are warrented but he only ran them about and hour on the first day before they gave ...

he was being hard on em but only running 36" iroc's .... it's up to u but pm me if ya want and i can price it out for ya

B ...