PDA

View Full Version : Grand Cherokee auto tranny problems

Jeep Victim
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Thinking about buying my friends 94 Grand Cherokee,he put a ton of cash into it in the last 2 years and the truck has never been abused at all.He was driving it daily til he bought a new Mercedes.The problem is he had to shift the tranny manually.He called an autoshop,not a tranny place and they said sounds like the SERVO.What the hell is a SERVO,is it worth purchasing,not worried about the price.How much hassle is entailed with changing this.Is it worth it,will I have to swap the whole tranny out.If I do swap out the tranny out of a donor vehicle is there anyway I can find out if it's a good one or not.Trying to get something arranged beore I get home.Thanks

brothergrimms
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
ask big b he should know they barry[cheers]

B
10-01-2007, 05:42 PM
drop the pan then the valve body above the valve body there should be a couple of em probly 3 for ur year alot of these grand's are having these issues sometimes it's just that simple ... but i would not gaureentee that fix for all as it's computer controled and u can chase it around ... but on the good side as long as u don't mined manually shifting them it will not hurt it and they are nice comfy daily driver's ...

Jeep Victim
10-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the response guys.Working up in the Northern NWT and arranging things from here is not all that easy.Appreciate it.I'll have to buy some beer if this works.Barry