PDA

View Full Version : Not quite Dead

Canaminal
10-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Got every freakin pc for the Swap to smelly gas. Actually 2 of almost everything so it can't FCK UP.

So Here's the Project ,Phase 1: That ugly Traveler I posted in the "Show your junk" thread will get a Mint 6.2 with 6.5 intake Gm3 w/manual boost control ,Intercooler , 3" mandril bent SS straight Pipe , 700r4 w/shift kit , 208 + its Drive lines and mod'ed crossmember . Hydraboost, WooHoo no Vac pump!!:D (Oct 12 Complete ?)

Phase 2 :Mint doors that have been in a shed since 84, 3 panels to replace Rusty zones ,Radiusing of rear tubs to take 35's , 4l of DP60 for now, color in spring . Seats from Cherokee lmt (elec Buckets). Ralley Scout Steering wheel and new door seals. (Oct22 ?)

Phase 3: FS axles D60pwrlck+D70??or 1T toy Dually if I can find it /SOA , quick disconnect sway bar , 35-6" (Late Nov?)

Pics to come!

78bronco
10-04-2007, 12:38 AM
this is a usless post with out pics!!!!

Canaminal
10-15-2007, 11:26 AM
So my fabricator got a real job and I'm doin most of the work myself.(F**K)

Don't have time for this!

Big issues: where is the 3" turbo dump goin , looks like a 3" body lift is in order ,and exh will go between frame and body just inside the ft cab mount. This will lend some room to the 208 so its ass aint hangin out.

Space for the crossover tube , will come from a cut and weld on the firewall , likly deeper than the stolen pic.

Canaminal
10-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Missed a couple.

Still missing a good 6.2 PS pump bracket and a 3 3/4" 700r4-208 adapter , I have a 6 1/4" long adapter didn't notice till I bolted it up splines miss each other by 1/4"

I probly won't get near it for week &1/2 (F**K)

Canaminal
10-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Spent last nite on the Traveler

More progress, some regress , Motor Mounts fabbed waiting for crossmember work before completeing welds.

Don't know if I can live with 208 hangin 3" below frame, this is long and I didn't intend to go real tall ( 35's max) . Doesn't look like I cant clock it cause it won't fit at any other angle. May look at body lift to get the clearance to lift TF .

sbags
10-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Bummer bout the T-Case, can't drill it and clock it(I'm not familiar with the 208)? Need to win some mulla and buy an Atlas!! Looking forward to some finished pics...

Canaminal
10-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Spent some time on a crossmember , ground off 1" of offending alumn from the top of the 208 cut ahole in the floor and got the 208 where I want it.:D 2" hanging is acceptable for now . 2-3" body lift will provide room for TFcase ,3" exhaust over frame and intercooler connections.

Did a hack and wack (6pcs) crossover pipe , had to nip one ear of the bellhousing (for the cover) and grind 3/8 of alumn to get the path to clear Ft D-S l , looks like my cover is for a gas pot as I had to cut the outer mount off it to clear the Big nose of the 6.5 starter.

Fairly productive weekend , just wish it was my space I'm clogging up with this project.( thanks everone)

4Lo
10-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I just wish it was my space I'm clogging up with this project.( thanks everone)

It just makes you work at it a little harder to get it done.

jakerngr
10-22-2007, 11:55 PM
awesome Kris cant wait to see it.

Canaminal
10-24-2007, 09:46 PM
It just makes you work at it a little harder to get it done.

Ya it does.

Im actually itchy to drive it just to hear it spool up.;)

Canaminal
11-24-2007, 04:38 PM
So first test drive was kinda fun got 1km then shut down, allways wondered why this thing ran lean on gas , 3rd pic shows the fuel line was just rubbing the hose from the tank , a little wiggling during swap prolly dislodged it.Once it got fuel instead of bubbles it pulled strong ,spools up quick! Powerstrke kicks its ass tho, found out first run LOL. Hmm crankin up the pump as soon as I have a Pyro :D

So I get ready to weld up an exhaust and Kev shows up with his SII and an oilpan leak (see pic 4) he went back to work and I replaced his broken with my spare so I could use his brothers shop to complete mine.

Got it home last weekend , 2cnd gear soft and leaks F*** ! Hydraboost feels kinda funny-nonlinear , but ive never used one before ,it does stop well.

Now to get the wiring tidied up. Then on to body and paint.

epic3
11-24-2007, 05:12 PM
hope to see it up close soon dude

jakerngr
11-24-2007, 06:07 PM
looks good kris...you werent hoping it would smoke a powerstroke anyways did ya

Taxidermy
11-24-2007, 10:38 PM
nice [36] [36] [36]