PDA

View Full Version : 85 22re Yotaa

Gaybait
09-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Engine lite came on, noticed sometimes up hill under load and at a lower rpm it feels like its bogging like starving for someting almost.. can o2 sensors cause your engine to bog like id be drivin its like vroom vroom vroo vroo vroom

arjan
09-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Does it have a Catalytic converter? If so check that.

If you disconnect an O2 sensor the CEL will come on, but the vehicle will drive in 'open loop' mode. It basically means if won't restrict fuel delivery because of the oxygen sensor feedback.

arjan
09-29-2007, 02:23 PM
You'll fail aircare with the oxygen sensor disconnected though.

Gaybait
09-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Truck is Aircare Exempt so it dont matter haha thanks

arjan
09-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Doesn't sound like the O2 sensor though, more like a plugged fuel filter or plugged cat.

Toyquad
09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
yup o2 sensor wil cause that. i know cause mine did the same thing. does it blow alot of black smoke when this happens? check the wires going to the o2 sensor, make sure they arent melted to or burnt from the exhuast. If it blows black smoke, you might wanna check the cat anyway, since unburnt fuel going into the cat will cause it to clog. Cats dont usualy clog for no reason.......... and if the truck is new to you , you might as well change the fuel filter, like all the other tune up crap... it does wear out and replacing it before it needs to be done is cheap insurnace.

Gaybait
09-29-2007, 06:05 PM
yup o2 sensor wil cause that. i know cause mine did the same thing. does it blow alot of black smoke when this happens? check the wires going to the o2 sensor, make sure they arent melted to or burnt from the exhuast. If it blows black smoke, you might wanna check the cat anyway, since unburnt fuel going into the cat will cause it to clog. Cats dont usualy clog for no reason.......... and if the truck is new to you , you might as well change the fuel filter, like all the other tune up crap... it does wear out and replacing it before it needs to be done is cheap insurnace.

doesnt smoke no, ust like it bogs, doesnt go rich or nothing.

Thanks for the input guys

82 yota
09-30-2007, 02:05 PM
check the codes from the computer it might give you some clues on where to start