PDA

View Full Version : gas mileage

bustamove
09-25-2007, 08:33 PM
so i am pretty picky on what my gas mileage usually is. but lately its been going downhill, its still ruining fine and all. but i am losing almost 40-90km a tank, which is only 30 liters to fill. now i guess my question is, would a lower engine temp cause it to use more gas?, about mid summer i decided to put a lower thermostat in cuz i was doing more trails so i lowered it to a 160C one. now thats its getting colder outside, would it be affecting the fuel air mixture?. lol oh also its a sidekick 1.6L engine.

shawn_ruley
09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
a little lovin' goes a long way, IE: fluids, filters, tire pressure, keeping the carb clean, having a smooth right foot, ect.

but you already knew that...right?

bustamove
09-25-2007, 09:30 PM
lol yup yup. i have been driving her real nice too :( that is why i can get the lose down to about 40km. but usually i drive her hard and race everything :P. and still get awesome gas mileage :(, maybe my 02 sensor is going, it does have 168,000 on it. i doubt it has ever been changed... but i think i will try the thermostat first. does anyone know how long a 02 sensor usually lasts. or whens a good time to change em?

Trooper
09-25-2007, 09:32 PM
A cold engine will burn more fuel and run richer. Change your o2 when you start to get codes